Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is reaching the Premier League all you hoped it would be?

kjgood

Just wondered what people’s thoughts were?
Just over halfway through our first PL season - how’s it feeling?

Me? It’s been some of the most exciting times since the early 80’s but I’m strangely finding myself at times hankering for the days when you could just turn up at somewhere like Exeter away and get in.
I’ve loved the journey getting to the PL and this season we have done so much better so far than I thought we might.
But if we ever end up going down it won’t be the end of the world by any means.

I am torn between a yes and a no. Yes its great to see us up against the 'Big boys', great for getting a full stadium and new fans coming along and having local kids wearing a brighton shirt instead of some glamour club they will never see. But there are downsides i.e. i know we will be looking over our shoulders all the time at relegation instead of being comfortable each season and it is harder to get tickets especially away tickets, not everyone lives within walking distance of the AMEX. One area where its a massive YES is i'm so please for TB and DK, these two guys kept us in business and fought for us as much or more (They put their own money up for us) as any fan did. Promotion has secured our club for years to come,

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think you would have been quite naive to 'hope' that the Premier League would be anything other than greedy circus that we all know it to be.

No part of me wants us to go back to the Championship though, despite many attractions.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Anyone who has listened to me droning on for 6 seasons, would know I did not want to go up. Two main reasons one is the top league is all about money, talk to any one about premership football and it always turns into expenditure. The other I really felt a gap had opened between the premier league clubs and championship clubs. I believed we would do a Middlesbough, be able to keep a game tight but not score and be punshied by the top ttackin players.

I was also upset by us not winning the league, I wanted this in honour of all the fans who campaigned for Falmer that didnt see us achieve promotion to the promised land.

However, I have to confess and apoligise to all I had bored with this theory. I have loved the experience. Ryan, GroŠ, Jose, Propper and Sutner have been quality additions, and to see us hold or own at Old Trafford, win away at West Ham and compete at home has proved me very wrong. I now feel that achieving 40 points is very possible the way Chris sets the team up, and I have this without us taking one point of the top 6 sides. Bringing the Raphael Dwamena in the player will only improve the chances and allow the team to strenthen.

The amazing thing is if we go down we will hopefully have a good core squad and money to attract the better championship players. So we should be competitive in what must be one of the most competitive leagues in the world.

So yes well exceeded my expections even if we go on a losing run and go down, its been great fun, enyoyable and a little frustating we do not have that striker to have put away our countless chances created and gain us a few more points.

Hats off to Chris, who goes aboout his buinsess and just keeps picking up the points in a methodical manner.

:clap: great post :)

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It is everything I expected.

Of course I hoped that we might have won a couple more games by now, but realistically it was never going to be easy and we were always going to need to battle our way to the end of the season. So I am fully prepared for more nail-biting and occasional jubilation from now until May.

I also think that responses to this question may be influenced by whether or not people have been able to get to the away games they wanted.

For me, I've been to every game I wanted (I've chosen to miss only 3), so I am absolutely loving it and it is a nice change to have a vested interest in every MOTD programme and general press articles.

Sure, I miss going to places like Chester, Burton and Mansfield, but I'll enjoy this different experience for now.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Enjoyed it so far. Despite the moany ******** I sometimes have to put up with. I had the time of my life up at West Ham when we stuffed them.

I do miss the Championship though & enjoying jolly’s up at QPR & Fulham.

If we are relegated you won’t catch me crying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here