Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A cheap and easy deal where everyone is a winner (should have been nearer 2 though, hopefully the club thought lets get this over the line quickly to focus on other dealings)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He appeared in 82 games for the Albion, starting in over 50 of them.

Well done for posting a stat. That one is a bit meaningless when you consider the left sided alternative was Skalak.

Murphy only started 20 last season and only scored 2 goals! One was Reading and the other a deflected shot at Bristol. He only had 3 assists.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sad to see him leave but I think he'll do well up there in Glasgow.

I never rated Martyn Waghorn at Rangers but he's scoring a few for Ipswich. I can see Murphy making the Gers a lot better and tightening that huge gap between Celtic. Best of luck to Murphy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well done for posting a stat. That one is a bit meaningless when you consider the left sided alternative was Skalak.

Murphy only started 20 last season and only scored 2 goals! One was Reading and the other a deflected shot at Bristol. He only had 3 assists.

You said you remember 1 appearance out of the 80 he made for the club. Fair enough - just reminding people how often he played. Up to you if you didn’t rate him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You said you remember 1 appearance out of the 80 he made for the club. Fair enough - just reminding people how often he played. Up to you if you didn’t rate him.

You need to learn to read. I never said I remember only one appearance. My first post was in response to the adulation posted by Monkey Man who seemed to have seen a different player to me. My reference to the Reading game was that that was probably the stand out game that most people would refer to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't know what a newstiker is, but it sounds good, so I want want one too. :wink:

Here you go....

stck.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You need to learn to read. I never said I remember only one appearance. My first post was in response to the adulation posted by Monkey Man who seemed to have seen a different player to me. My reference to the Reading game was that that was probably the stand out game that most people would refer to.

That's a bit needlessly rude, shirley? :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A whole hearted and dependable player who was a big part of my favourite ever Albion squad (so far). Goes with my thanks for everything. Suspect he'll tear up the MTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's a bit needlessly rude, shirley? :shrug:

How else would you put it? Perhaps something along the lines of 'Sir, I would respectfully refer to you my first post in which I actually took issue with Monkey Man. I believe you have misinterpreted the context of my post and would ask you to review your comment. Many thanks for your consideration'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Murphy only started 20 last season and only scored 2 goals! One was Reading and the other a deflected shot at Bristol.
£1m is too cheap IMO, but hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here