Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Defo didn't see that coming, see he has been joined there on loan by Matty Longstaff of Newcastle. Two astute bits of business by Nigel Clough l would have thought.

Welcome back to the Football League Jamie.

Decent step back up for him, hope he can reignite his career.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Good luck Jamie! One of my favourite players from the Championship years.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Defo didn't see that coming, see he has been joined there on loan by Matty Longstaff of Newcastle. Two astute bits of business by Nigel Clough l would have thought.

Welcome back to the Football League Jamie.

Didn't Nigel Clough have him on loan when he was at Burton and didn't he score 3 or 4 goals during that loan spell ?

Really nice quiet shy guy is Jamie

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
One of my favourite Championship players at the time. Generally a good finisher, good control and a direct attacking style I liked. Mansfield have won me a few quid this season so I hope he does well there too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On loan until the end of the season. He's 33 in August, suffered a cruciate liagment injury in 2018, great if he can extend his professional career into his mid 30s.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Coldest I've ever been at a match was at Mansfield. That is / was stadium very short on 'soft touches', all I remember was bare breeze blocks everywhere.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Didn't Nigel Clough have him on loan when he was at Burton and didn't he score 3 or 4 goals during that loan spell ?

Really nice quiet shy guy is Jamie

This is the third time Murphy has linked up with Nigel Clough, who has previously managed him at Sheff Utd and Burton. He got 7 in 10 games for Burton during that loan spell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nigel Clough is a quality manager imo. A little dour but he is Brian’s son

I thought he was doing a good job at Derby with mostly kids. I wonder where they’d be if they’d stuck with him. Surprised he hasn’t had a crack at another decent Championship team

He did refuse to come to us on loan so I should dislike him :lolol:

Love this outburst he made when managing Derby clearly his father’s son :lolol:

During Derby's post-November struggles Clough came under focus for his consistent criticism of individual players,[35] which came to a head when he strongly criticised Tomasz Cywka after his mistake led to a late Portsmouth equaliser in a 1–1 draw at Fratton Park. Of Cywka, Clough said: "He's an extremely inexperienced and not very bright footballer... he can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from – I'm not really bothered – until he learns the game."

Maybe this is why he is still plying his trade in the lower leagues

Last edited:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
they have won eight on the bounce - signed Lucas Akins from Burton the other week and another Burton player whose name escapes me last week too

get your money on now re going straight through League One to the Championship next season

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love this outburst he made when managing Derby clearly his father’s son :lolol:

During Derby's post-November struggles Clough came under focus for his consistent criticism of individual players,[35] which came to a head when he strongly criticised Tomasz Cywka after his mistake led to a late Portsmouth equaliser in a 1–1 draw at Fratton Park. Of Cywka, Clough said: "He's an extremely inexperienced and not very bright footballer... he can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from – I'm not really bothered – until he learns the game."

LOL, I wonder if he submitted this interview as part of a Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here