Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He scored Burton's second goal tonight in his second appearance for them and they lead 2-1 at half time away to Wimbledon. :clap2:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Saw his Burton debut on Saturday was a dire game but Jamie was by far best player on the pitch - most of the time no other player with same speed of thought to receive any of his passes though - looked a bit rusty and hassled off the ball quite easily

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My son bought him earlier.

In Brighton & Hove Albion Monopoly. :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always had a soft spot for this:-

Jimmy Grimble

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1228698787931205632[/tweet]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not defensively and arguably not crossing wise either IMO.

Both good servants though for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember that he hardly played due to an injury, but yes Skalak would run his heart out trying to get the ball back, however he was really shit at crossing and playing the right ball at the right time. When Murphy did play he could cross and pass and wasn't as wasteful as Skalak apart from the time in the video posted previously when he lost the ball in a good position and we conceded 5 seconds after.

All about opinions though.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Skalak would run his heart out trying to get the ball back, however he was really shit at crossing and playing the right ball at the right time.

Is that the same Skalak that got 3 assists when we demolished Norwich?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I seem to remember that he hardly played due to an injury, but yes Skalak would run his heart out trying to get the ball back, however he was really shit at crossing and playing the right ball at the right time. When Murphy did play he could cross and pass and wasn't as wasteful as Skalak apart from the time in the video posted previously when he lost the ball in a good position and we conceded 5 seconds after.

All about opinions though.

Skalak was "really shit at crossing" - I don't think so. Look up his highlights and you'll quickly realise how stupid that comment is.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes he score one fantastic goal too.

Agreed, stunning finish. His finish against Charlton (a) wasn't too bad either, from memory.

Not PL quality, but still got points for us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not defensively and arguably not crossing wise either IMO.

Both good servants though for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie was excellent defensively.

He could always be relied on to do his defensive work. A lot of it was unseen. He was often tasked with marking the fastest opponent when Brighton had a corner to stop breakaways.

I am obviously bias in Jamie's favour but I do know why he was allowed to leave. He had fallen below Solly and Knockheart in the pecking order. He wanted to play football and he didn't even want to leave Scotland initially when he left Motherwell so to get the opportunity to get back to the team he supported as a boy then that was too much of an attraction for him. Chris knew that and I think he did right in letting the lad leave.

He was a far better player than some of the Dross that the Recruitment Team replaced him with like Locadia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here