Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good luck to him but does this mean they are preparing a bid for a newstiker I hope we are going for a good surprise player not some of the ones been mentioned for the last year on NSC :rolleyes:

Yes, we can now offer £19mill for Dembele

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good luck to him, he's been an excellent player for us during a fantastic time for the club so will always be remembered fondly. This makes sense and is a good move all round but like most I'm surprised it's not for more money.

Also a little surprised we're selling before buying. Didn't expect us to lose anyone without reinforcements already in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Press waiting for him at the airport!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good luck. Did well when called on & should flourish north of the border.
A dream move to the club he's a fan of.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Press waiting for him at the airport!

*Cough*
norwich-airport.jpg :blush:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Pity .I rated him as he was very direct. Of course Houghton knows more then me but I would put him as far better then March.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A sorely under-rated wide midfielder / winger with a few goals to his name, and a an ocean of effort put in to perform the duties required of him.

Played in 38 out of 44 Championship matches in his first season with us (could have been more but for his 3-match ban after his ludicrous red card at Bolton), and 35 more in his second season. A solid, reliable performer who put in several Man of the Match performances, most notably at Bristol City last year.

Good luck to the fella - a bit of an unsung hero who was an intrinsic part of our two best-ever seasons (results-wise) in the club's history.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does this hand Skalak a lifeline? Or should we expect him to go as well, even if it would leave us light on the wings with only three (four if you count LuaLua) permanent players?

I think Skalak will be off. Perhaps it’ll be Kaz who gets the lifeline? If both go out the door with Murphy, then maybe another comes in?

Regardless, we won’t be light on the flanks.
CH has played Brown, Greyhound and Rosenior on the wings and could use them again if injuries hit.

In addition, we are well stocked at U23 level with the likes of Ahannach, Björdal, Davies and Tilley.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A sorely under-rated wide midfielder / winger with a few goals to his name, and a an ocean of effort put in to perform the duties required of him.

Played in 38 out of 44 Championship matches in his first season with us (could have been more but for his 3-match ban after his ludicrous red card at Bolton), and 35 more in his second season. A solid, reliable performer who put in several Man of the Match performances, most notably at Bristol City last year.

Good luck to the fella - a bit of an unsung hero who was an intrinsic part of our two best-ever seasons (results-wise) in the club's history.

All of this. I really like Murph and I'm a little disappointed he hasn't had a bit more of a look in. But if he's going home to his boyhood heroes (and a massive club) then good luck to him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Considering the battering some of our quality players have had on nsc (eg Murray) Murphy has always been treated lightly and I’m not sure why.
I know he didn’t set his transfer fee but At the price we paid he was a stone cold let down.
A poor man’s Paul Wood.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Considering the battering some of our quality players have had on nsc (eg Murray) Murphy has always been treated lightly and I’m not sure why.
I know he didn’t set his transfer fee but At the price we paid he was a stone cold let down.
A poor man’s Paul Wood.

Probably because, for the most part, he didn't let us down. He had poor games like everyone else, but it's poor form that you can't acknowledge any of his talents, work rate and skills. He was also probably the best one-on-one-with-the-keeper player.

And, as you say, his transfer fee is utterly irrelevant.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A poor man’s Paul Wood.

Absolute rubbish. While not being a 'superstar' he was very dependable and put in many good appearances for us especially away from home. To say he was a 'stone cold let down' for the £1.75M is clueless.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolute rubbish. While not being a 'superstar' he was very dependable and put in many good appearances for us especially away from home. To say he was a 'stone cold let down' for the £1.75M is clueless.

There was a massive thread on us signing him on the Blades board. They rated him highly and was there player of the season. Some of the goals he scored for them were simply stunning. We paid a good fee for a league 1 player at the time. Slightly disappointed he never lived up to all the hype.
As i said before. Bang average player for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here