Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Six month loan deal according to the media up here.

Why the feck should we agree to that !!

1: They agree to a fee and payments then can’t afford it, what makes us believe they can even pay his wages while on loan never mind the fee when six months is up.

2: we could get the asking price from a number of clubs, without risking him injury playing for them on loan.

3: if I was Bloom I would tell Rangers to feck off, and give Celtic a tinkle asking if they would like Jamie on a free.

Now that would be funny

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why the feck should we agree to that !!

1: They agree to a fee and payments then can’t afford it, what makes us believe they can even pay his wages while on loan never mind the fee when six months is up.

2: we could get the asking price from a number of clubs, without risking him injury playing for them on loan.

3: if I was Bloom I would tell Rangers to feck off, and give Celtic a tinkle asking if they would like Jamie on a free.

Now that would be funny

Except WJM wouldn’t go to Celtic.......

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There's through the looking glass conspiracy stuff on the Rangers forum suggesting that Celtic called us and told us that they wouldn't sell us Dembele if we sold them Murphy.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/jamie-murphy-final-paperwork-to-be-signed.14838/page-37

There doesn't seem to be any thought given to why Celtic would be happy for us to loan Murphy, but not sell him.

Meanwhile Celtic are premiering a film about the downfall of Rangers: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/new-movie-downfall-rangers-premiered-11804683

The mistrust and hatred between those two is more like the mad world of US politics than a football rivalry. They make us and Palace look like The Beverly Sisters.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Class player, very professional, but maybe the prem is a step too far.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Even though Celtic and Rangers are obviously very big clubs I must admit to being stunned and rather bemused about how big of a story this transfer seems to have been. Don't get me wrong I like Jamie Murphy- but a decent Championship standard winger moving from a Premier League club's reserves surely is not major news... and yet twitter in particular has gone mental for it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jamie Murphy has left Brighton & Hove Albion to join Scottish Premiership side Glasgow Rangers - initially on loan until the end of the season, with the move expected to become permanent when the summer transfer window opens.

The 28-year-old became one of ten summer signings during 2015, ahead of Chris Hughton’s first full season in charge, arriving from Sheffield United.

He was part of the squad which went so close to promotion in 2015/16, a year before Murphy and his teammates eventually secured an historic promotion to the Premier League in 2017.

The former Motherwell winger found first-team opportunities restricted this season and was limited to just four appearances in the Premier League.

Hughton said, “Jamie is a great lad, a fantastic professional and has a desire to play - and while we were in no hurry to see him leave, we do understand his desire to play for his boyhood team and one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

“He’s been excellent for the club, ever since we signed him from Sheffield United, and wrote himself into club folklore as a crucial part of our promotion-winning side last season.

“On behalf of all at the club, I’d like to thank Jamie for his efforts and achievements during his time here and wish him the very best for the future.”

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So, from what I'm reading here, no other sources, Rangers can't afford him after all, not even for 1 mill, so he goes on loan until season end, comes back and Rangers say no deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here