Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, from what I'm reading here, no other sources, Rangers can't afford him after all, not even for 1 mill, so he goes on loan until season end, comes back and Rangers say no deal?

Or, Rangers can't afford him right now but by the summer will have raked in money for thousands of season tickets for next season so will be able to then.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So, from what I'm reading here, no other sources, Rangers can't afford him after all, not even for 1 mill, so he goes on loan until season end, comes back and Rangers say no deal?

Or change their manager, who then decides not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Or we haven't quite survived and we decided it would be rather useful to keep hold of a player who can perform at championship level rather than trying to recruit a new one. For the pointless £1m they were offering I don't think it's worth selling

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if the Albion playing hardball again, this time on an outgoing player scuppered the permanent transfer?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if the Albion playing hardball again, this time on an outgoing player scuppered the permanent transfer?

It's more likely the Scots being typically tight fisted - they wrote out the check, but when it came to handing it over they just couldn't bring themselves to let it go!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Has anyone considered it could have been the Albion who decided it would be a loan for a different reason? If we were to be relegated we might suddenly find ourselves short of players. We might (definitely) see players like AK and Stephens amongst others insist on a move away to remain at the top level. Players like Murphy and Norwood would be able to return and blend in with ease.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has anyone considered it could have been the Albion who decided it would be a loan for a different reason? If we were to be relegated we might suddenly find ourselves short of players. We might (definitely) see players like AK and Stephens amongst others insist on a move away to remain at the top level. Players like Murphy and Norwood would be able to return and blend in with ease.

Yes, somebody already has (post 164). Don't buy it myself.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Article in Bristol Post details Bristol City were poised to seal £1.8m deal for Murphy.
However, as Murphy said he wanted to return to Scotland we agreed Rangers loan/deal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jamies's message to us:

The 28-year-old Glaswegian, thanking the Seagulls for their support on his Twitter account, added: “Winning promotion with the group of boys we had is something I will always remember.”

Memories we will never forget too. Good luck to him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Accies take the lead but Jamie Murphy equalises

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Accies take the lead but Jamie Murphy equalises

Then Rangers go ahead thanks to some utterly textbook Monkey Tennis goalkeeping.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
And yet, it doesn't come close to upstaging this effort at Scotch keeping from the previous week

[tweet]960068165454716928[/tweet]

And I used to get grief in Lewes and District div 5!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here