Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope it works out for him. Never a very consistent performer for us, but a very good player on his day. He'll do well in the monkeytennis league, which is about the equivalent of lower end Championship / League One.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hope it works out for him. Never a very consistent performer for us, but a very good player on his day. He'll do well in the monkeytennis league, which is about the equivalent of lower end Championship / League One.

This.

Reported as a big Rangers fan so a dream move, hope it helps him internationally as well.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boooooooooooooooooo

Who am I going to boooooo now!

Propper!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Perfect match for his boyhood team.

He'd be an excellent sub for any Championship team or can go and star in Monkey Tennis and start every game. Although that fee feels about half the size we'd want, it gets his wages off the books assuming we're happy with just 3 legit wingers. He doesn't deserve to rot in our reserves if he has a chance of breaking into Scotland squads at 28.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Does this hand Skalak a lifeline? Or should we expect him to go as well, even if it would leave us light on the wings with only three (four if you count LuaLua) permanent players?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's a bargain that. I thought a championship club would have been willing to spend 2.5m on him for sure, and even at that price would have been a great buy.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Does this hand Skalak a lifeline? Or should we expect him to go as well, even if it would leave us light on the wings with only three (four if you count LuaLua) permanent players?

I think Skalak will be off too, whether permanently or on loan. Couple of places available in the 25.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As far as I'm aware, he has always given 100% for the Albion and never been a disruptive player, despite frequently being on the sidelines.

A credit to the Albion and himself.

I wish him every success.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It's a bargain that. I thought a championship club would have been willing to spend 2.5m on him for sure, and even at that price would have been a great buy.

I agree. Perhaps it's a sale of convenience? JM more accepting of a move to the club he supports than going elsewhere.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

I agree. Perhaps it's a sale of convenience? JM more accepting of a move to the club he supports than going elsewhere. Maybe the extra place available in the squad considered more valuable to us than another million quid or so.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We've also got Ahannach we signed in the summer window but wasn't named in the 25, he could be prime candidate to take Murphy's place in the squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Best of luck to him. He turned out to be a good lad and a decent signing, I think Rangers have done a great bit of business there.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I liked Jamie and couldn't understand why some fans had it in for him.

Often one of our most positive attack-minded players in games when other players were running out of ideas. The trademark run down the left, right turn on the edge of the area and then a shot or a pass.

If the rumours are true it's a great move for him and I really hope he does well there.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I always liked him. His decision making sometimes let him down but I’d expect him to do very well up there. Good luck lad

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here