Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you guys think this transfer is worth the risk to us? We all know that Murphy is a rangers fan, and from his point of view it would be his dream move, but looking on the internet it seems that Rangers is struggling to get the first payment together and might be in a bit of trouble financially. We might not get the full amount if this deal goes through.

I would expect there to be some sort of standard clause on contracts that if the buying club defaults on payment, registration would revert to the selling club. Have certainly seen similar on significant contracts (different businesses but same principle).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you guys think this transfer is worth the risk to us? We all know that Murphy is a rangers fan, and from his point of view it would be his dream move, but looking on the internet it seems that Rangers is struggling to get the first payment together and might be in a bit of trouble financially. We might not get the full amount if this deal goes through.

They can afford a winter trip to Florida.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/949380294343380997

[tweet]949380294343380997[/tweet]

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I would expect there to be some sort of standard clause on contracts that if the buying club defaults on payment, registration would revert to the selling club. Have certainly seen similar on significant contracts (different businesses but same principle).

If that is true then I guess it is worth the risk.

GlasgowBill1872

Jan 5, 2018
First time poster here.

Medical on Friday but deal still not completed and not part of the squad flying out to Florida. Could be something, could be nothing ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely the fee and method of payment would have been agreed between the clubs before he was allowed to go for a medical. Could it be that his agent is seeking more money and we want Rangers to pay that and they don't?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree and we are not losing loo much on our initial outlay for him. I dont include wages as they would have been to any player whether it be him or somebody else that we signed for the squad.

GlasgowBill1872

Jan 5, 2018
Interesting to see the fee quoted is £1m down rising to £2M.with add ons.

Wouldn't surprise me if this falls through due to Robertson trying to bring this down or ask for the upfront payment to be paid in instalments :rolleyes:

He might be back at Brighton by Monday to be honest.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
With players, particularly forwards, changing clubs for vastly inflated fees, I think Rangers are piocking up a bit of a bargain here.
Rangers are not the rich club they used to be though. They can't splash the cash so much these days

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Rangers are tinpot. trying to put the blame on Brighton. When, according to Scottish sources, Tried to sign murphy and not pay Brighton at all!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here