Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If £1M is the correct price, then we've made a profit. According to Transfermarkt, we paid £675K for him from Sheff Utd.

Sheffield newspapers at the time said £1.7m.

We overpaid a bit and have probably undersold a little bit, Considering he was part of promotion-winning team.

At best, he’s an average championship player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good for him. Good move.

Shame I won't see him round Durrington Tescos any more

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite the opposite he was our most consistent winger a real team player who understood his defensive duties going forward very direct with an eye for goal maybe not the most flair and I agree that he is a natural Championship standard player who should do very well at Rangers all the best Jamie thank you for being part of such a fantastic squad

Depends what you're terming as 'consistent'. He was indeed a team player, but not particularly consistent with beating his man or providing an end product - but then that's nearly always the case with wingers, it goes with the territory as they're performing one of the most difficult roles in the team.

He won't go down as an Albion great, he never proved himself good enough to nail down a regular starting spot. But he was a good pro, a good squad player and I was never disappointed to see his name on the teamsheet. He deserves to be more than a bit-part player, he's better than that. He should find his place quite comfortably in the scotch noddy league, if anything its slightly below his level.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I thought we paid over £1 million for him, think it was £1.5 million.

We overpaid a bit and have probably undersold a little bit, Considering he was part of promotion-winning team.

That goes to show Transfermarkt is wrong.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jamie-murphy/profil/spieler/51730

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think it was Reading at home last year where he played centrally and just tore them to bits with direct running.

I really like him. Fast and direct. He should tear up that league.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

This.

Average player in the Championship. Fair price

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always liked him but nowhere near a prem player. Scored some vital goals, good luck and what a move going to Rangers!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Thank you Jamie. I was in West Lower at Pitch level when you ran half the pitch and scored a cracker of a goal. Real pace that day. Hope you succeed at your beloved Rangers. Good luck and thank you.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I forgot he was still here to be honest, now shift out Kazenga & Skalák

Anyway good luck Jamie, time to be a hero at your boyhood club what a dream come true.... A Legend in the making north of the border.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Always liked him, more so in the Championship and think he was always going to struggle to make a breakthrough in the Premier League (given who was ahead of him in the pecking order)
Very direct, tricky, eye for goal and works hard. I think (and hope) that he will do very well up there for for Rangers.
In today’s market seems a bit of a snip to me (however I have no idea how much of a contract he still had to run)
Boyhood team too - good for him and good luck Jamie :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here