Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    So - apart from not needing to walk over London Bridge to go to Cannon St or tube it to Charing Cross, what are the other benefits of the amazing new London Bridge station?

Having walked through there the last couple of days, I was most surprised to read that all work was completed and the station fully opened again.

I hope they haven't decided to just leave outside as a building site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Never mind London Bridge, what about direct trains from Brighton to Clapham Junction? A few years ago I was working in Basingstoke and needed to change at Clapham. There only seemed to be two trains in the entire morning peak period that stopped at Clapham - one was too early and the other too late. I had to go to East Croydon and change. Anyone who's ever done that knows what it's like trying to wedge yourself onto an already-packed train. Eventually I got the earlier one.

I don't miss the stress of rail commuting one bit.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So - apart from not needing to walk over London Bridge to go to Cannon St or tube it to Charing Cross, what are the other benefits of the amazing new London Bridge station?

Having walked through there the last couple of days, I was most surprised to read that all work was completed and the station fully opened again.

I hope they haven't decided to just leave outside as a building site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      It's not fully functional/finished yet - some platforms are still closed and the TL trains can't go straight through yet like they used to (hence the fewer trains from Brighton calling there - they trundle out to Tulse Hill to go towards Luton). Have to say so far it's a massive improvement on what it was.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/runnin...-improvements/
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      Never mind London Bridge, what about direct trains from Brighton to Clapham Junction? A few years ago I was working in Basingstoke and needed to change at Clapham. There only seemed to be two trains in the entire morning peak period that stopped at Clapham - one was too early and the other too late. I had to go to East Croydon and change. Anyone who's ever done that knows what it's like trying to wedge yourself onto an already-packed train. Eventually I got the earlier one.

I don't miss the stress of rail commuting one bit.
      I commute from hove thankfully clj is well served - but i find it bizarre that btn to clj is not.

To the OP - 7.11 hove to ldn bridge is an option
      Top banana

2 Not allowed!
      Thameslink are not going through London Bridge till the may timetable change then there will be loads per hour. We have to learn the new track first
      I ain't saying nothing without my solicitor
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
      You've always been able to get from LB to Charing X without tubing it - I used to do that journey into town when I lived in SE London 36 years ago.

The 'improvements' at LB have taken away the bogs that used to be opposite the platforms on the main concourse (and the ones on the old Thameslink platforms). You now need to go on a route march to the other side of the world to get to one.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      You've always been able to get from LB to Charing X without tubing it - I used to do that journey into town when I lived in SE London 36 years ago.

The 'improvements' at LB have taken away the bogs that used to be opposite the platforms on the main concourse (and the ones on the old Thameslink platforms). You now need to go on a route march to the other side of the world to get to one.
      It's not too bad - they are just down the escalators.........close to the Tooley St exit....not sure if there will be others as the rest of the building work is completed.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Everyday Is Like Sunday Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      The Seaside Town They Forgot To Close Down

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ROSM View Post
      There used to be (many years ago) 2 per hour at 5, 6 and 7 and then up to 4 per hour from 9am
      That sounds about right by rail industry logic. 2 trains an hour when they're most needed, then 4 an hour when they're less needed
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post

There haven't been LB to Charing Cross trains while the LB work has been going on, I think thats what he's saying.
      Pig City
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      That sounds about right by rail industry logic. 2 trains an hour when they're most needed, then 4 an hour when they're less needed
      If I have got it right there will be 16 Brighton to LB trains departing prior to 9am from May onwards.

The other thing of note is that from May there will be a train to Falmer from Brighton and Lewes every 10 minutes, 6 days a week, throughout the day. Presumably this is possible because of the introduction of the new Thameslink fleet freeing up more trains to work the Coastway routes. This should make evening games in particular much less of a bind next season.
      Don't make me run. I am full of chocolate.