Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The club and the Palace game

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Why are they not advertising it in their emails? Why are tickets £25? Why are there only five loyalty points? The club are hardly going out of their way to get people to attend this fixture. I wonder why.
If by 'they' you mean the club then I apologise as I have misinterpreted what you have written. I thought 'they' was aimed at supporters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
More disappointed with our fans that seemingly don't want to watch us play our rivals. Cup game and weakened sides or not... our rivals are our rivals surely ?
I'm surprised it hasn't sold more. There seems to be many posters who moan they have limited opportunities to watch the Albion play because of the season ticket waiting list, loyalty points, etc... plus it's a game verses our rivals as you say. Because of the slow sales I've managed to get a seat next to a few mates in the West Upper, and I've never been there before so should make a nice change from my regular seat in the East!

Unless people are being put off by the game time? It's on TV too, which can't help.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If by 'they' you mean the club then I apologise as I have misinterpreted what you have written. I thought 'they' was aimed at supporters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No, the club. I just get the feeling that a full attendance at this game would be too much of a ball-ache for them to deal with, especially given what happened last time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently plastics since '77 aren't required by some... so me & My season ticket will stay in Plymouth & support the money that BHAFC enjoy/need from TV exposure [emoji847] üTA [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No, the club. I just get the feeling that a full attendance at this game would be too much of a ball-ache for them to deal with, especially given what happened last time.

Why reduce ticket prices at all ? (they are up to 50% off matchday prem prices depending where you sit)
Why include travel in the ticket price (unprecedented for a cup game)
Why send every ST holder (and past purchaser of a tickets) reminding them tickets were on sale.
Why promote it in the programme, the website, on Twitter, and every comms channel.
What advantage is there to the police or the club if the crowd is 23K , 25K or 21K or 30K. Exactly same issues managing the 2K or so of Palace fans and the # of Albion fans (a tiny minority if any who want to cause trouble) regardless of size of crowd.

the conspiracy theories on here!!.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sell one of your batting trophies and meet us in the PA :drink:

Batting trophy ?

Mate, you're a better batsman than me. I can't do a cow corner carve like you.

That's how close I've got to winning one of those.....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I love the 'bad fan' accusations. As if BHA is a brain washing cult. Well...

I went to the league game and that was enough. I have a lot of work to do, it's a Monday evening and it's on the box. There won't be the atmosphere that there was at the last one.

I also wanting to save an unnecessary 25 quid.

I'll hang my head in shame. Very briefly until I realise that I actually have a life.

Ah, we have a new winner for the smug excuse table:

- Has life

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Go F.u.c.k. yourself you pious little shit. I've hardly missed a game home and away this season and supporter for over 40 years.

If I choose not to go to a glorified reserve game with all the hassle associated with it then that is my choice but I feel no reason to hang my head in shame. Some people on her really need to grow up over this match.

Hahahaha priceless.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Tkts should have been £15 and £5 for kids

But what about the other reasons people are choosing not to go
- Monday night
- travel
- on tv
- 2nd string teams
- fa cup reputation/not a prem
Game
- police/palace fans hassle

It’s attractively priced . (£25 including travel is a steep discount on the match day price). Reducing prices further might tempt a few more but doesn’t solve any of the above.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
- Monday night
- travel
- on tv
- 2nd string teams
Game

It’s attractively priced . (£25 including travel is a steep discount on the match day price). Reducing prices further might tempt a few more but doesn’t solve any of the above.

I agree there are many reasons that people are choosing in order to not attend, but a cheaper ticket would, imo, definitely have upped the crowd significantly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Serve free beer all night and the AMEX will sell out.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
- Monday night
- travel
- on tv
- 2nd string teams
Game

Monday is the killer. Any other time this weekend, including Friday night and I’d have gone. If it was full price and 2nd string i’d still have gone, although felt a little cheated. But Monday night is just crap if you’re not local.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here