Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

The club and the Palace game

6 Not allowed!
    Am I the only one to think the club has deliberately failed to promote this game? After what happened in the league match, I think they want as low a crowd as possible to contain any trouble and avoid the ball-ache of dealing with large numbers of rival supporters. They have alreafy restricted the Palace allocation for this reason (as they did for the league game - despite other clubs coping perfectly well with games against rival teams with full allocations for both sets of fans).

For Premier League clubs, gate receipts only form a tiny fraction of revenue, dwarfed by TV money. The club will also save on stewarding costs, etc. They would have known the attendance would be low given it's Monday night, on TV and the lack of interest in the FA Cup, yet ticket prices are high at £25 and there are only five loyalty points up for grabs. If we had been playing another EPL club, say Burnley or Swansea, tickets would have been £15 and there'd be 15 loyalty points (there has been as many as 20 for home cup games in the past).

I think Paul Barber looked at this fixture and basically didn't fancy it. Wouldn't be surprised if this was done in coordination with the police, who certainly wouldn't have fancied it given their balls ups in the previous game (forgetting such basics as having officers on the Palace turnstiles and then lying about Palace fans having knives and knuckledusters, presumably to cover for their ineptitude). There has also been a distinct lack of marketing around this fixture.

It's massively disappointing that the stadium will only be half full. What message will this send to the players? If the club were at all concerned they would pull their finger out and change the loyalty points allocation. It seems pretty clear they are only interested in the sanitised, family-friendly version of the game and a match against our biggest rivals is too much of a problem for them to be bothered with.
    *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

7 Not allowed!
      More disappointed with our fans that seemingly don't want to watch us play our rivals. Cup game and weakened sides or not... our rivals are our rivals surely ?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Am I the only one to think the club has deliberately failed to promote this game? After what happened in the league match, I think they want as low a crowd as possible to contain any trouble and avoid the ball-ache of dealing with large numbers of rival supporters. They have alreafy restricted the Palace allocation for this reason (as they did for the league game - despite other clubs coping perfectly well with games against rival teams with full allocations for both sets of fans).

For Premier League clubs, gate receipts only form a tiny fraction of revenue, dwarfed by TV money. The club will also save on stewarding costs, etc. They would have known the attendance would be low given it's Monday night, on TV and the lack of interest in the FA Cup, yet ticket prices are high at £25 and there are only five loyalty points up for grabs. If we had been playing another EPL club, say Burnley or Swansea, tickets would have been £15 and there'd be 15 loyalty points (there has been as many as 20 for home cup games in the past).

I think Paul Barber looked at this fixture and basically didn't fancy it. Wouldn't be surprised if this was done in coordination with the police, who certainly wouldn't have fancied it given their balls ups in the previous game (forgetting such basics as having officers on the Palace turnstiles and then lying about Palace fans having knives and knuckledusters, presumably to cover for their ineptitude). There has also been a distinct lack of marketing around this fixture.

It's massively disappointing that the stadium will only be half full. What message will this send to the players? If the club were at all concerned they would pull their finger out and change the loyalty points allocation. It seems pretty clear they are only interested in the sanitised, family-friendly version of the game and a match against our biggest rivals is too much of a problem for them to be bothered with.
      All pretty close to the truth. Add to the mix that Chris Hughton's only interest in the match is game time for fringe players and you have a fixture that couldn't be more different to a PL game in terms of the club's approach to it.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      Palace have been unable to sell 2,000 tickets for the game to date, suggesting the allocation was pretty much spot on for them.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      Add to the mix that Chris Hughton's only interest in the match is game time for fringe players
      And Hodgson's too (https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/jan...eam-selection/)...

"...even though the fans may not like to hear it, I know I am going to give some players who haven't been involved a chance to show what they can do and that will mean that one or two players who have been playing non-stop for the last eleven games may be left out."

1 Not allowed!
      At least the trains should be easy on Monday.

0 Not allowed!
      I received an email from the club yesterday to remind me that tickets were still on sale.

Still won't be going though as I used the money to pay for away trip to WBA instead of the hassle to go and watch two reserve teams.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

3 Not allowed!
      In fact, a quick check "over the road" shows that the Palace fans moaning and complaining about the small allocation, and bravado about bringing 4,000 and snapping up home area tickets was just a load of shit:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=839

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 11.12.46.png
Views: 2975
Size:  60.0 KB

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      More disappointed with our fans that seemingly don't want to watch us play our rivals. Cup game and weakened sides or not... our rivals are our rivals surely ?
      The club aren't interested, and haven't been for many years now, in the FA Cup (and the League cup as well). That said it is up to the fans to buy tickets. They know who we're playing, the date and time of kick off etc so if they can't be arsed to go (as I suspect is the case for many of the no shows) then that is down to them and not the club. Apologies of course to those that can't make that time due to travel etc but I would suggest they are in the minority.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      The club's attitude towards his game, being so anal about it in every aspect, and the no show supporters who are not going because of last time are both an absolute disgrace.

You are correct, they are our fiercest and biggest rivals, irrespective of the reason for the game the stadium should be rammed to the rafters.

If this was against any of the top 4 on a Monday night in the FA cup even on TV it would have sold out by now.

I get not selling out against York on a Monday night on the TV but not this one.

Club and no show supporters on this one hang your head in shame.

(No show for work and genuine reasons etc are forgiven, the lame I'm scared, its hassle etc are not)
      I am such a Naughty Boy.