Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Swarbrick

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So it's basically a couple of blokes with sky+, rewinding the action and making a decision?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hang on; the VAR won't actually be in the Amex?
Yes it wil be at the Premiet League HQ.

Makes perfect sense with cameras at every game.

Ref can view footage themselves pitchside and override any decision.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So it's basically a couple of blokes with sky+, rewinding the action and making a decision?

Probably so that they only need 2 added refs for a Sat afternoon to cover the whole PL. Tightfisted FA, there's just not enoguh money in football to have 2 extra for every game. :facepalm:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hope they keep an open line between the Amex and Heathrow otherwise it'll be a right pain...

Andre Marriner picks up the phone
"Thank you for calling the premier league sponsored by Quavers please select from the following options
press 1 for fixture enquiries
press 2 for ticket enquiries
press 3 for sponsorship enquiries
press 4 to scream for a policeman
press 5 for the video assistant referee
sorry all our video assistant referees are busy
please hold, your match altering decision is important to us"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously I am wrong but I thought that the new lorry park and studio was built to accomodate the VAR and anything else connected with Sky. I did notice for the Bournemouth game that they now have suspended gantrys in each corner for cameras which may have been there previously, but if so I hadnt noticed them

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So we won't actually know anything at all at the ground. They won't show replays on the screen, so we'll all be in the dark until the ref blows his whistle and gives a decision, and we won't be any the wiser why it has been made

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Obviously I am wrong but I thought that the new lorry park and studio was built to accomodate the VAR and anything else connected with Sky. I did notice for the Bournemouth game that they now have suspended gantrys in each corner for cameras which may have been there previously, but if so I hadnt noticed them

VAR is the FA not SKY...though I can understand the confusion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought they have two VAR what if one says it was a penalty and the other says it was a dive does Swarbrick take precedence and make the decison? Or do they leave it with the refs decison to stand.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Just a thought they have two VAR what if one says it was a penalty and the other says it was a dive does Swarbrick take precedence and make the decison? Or do they leave it with the refs decison to stand.

I was just talking about this. So the VAR has an AVAR? All very confusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here