Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia- 5th Test- Sydney 3rd-7th January 2018

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Glad I didn't bother putting the radio on last night.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Real lost cause now and can't be bothered even to check the score, real shame as I love the sport.
BBL compensates though, love it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry to bang on about this but I thought the standard reached a new low overnight when Swanny and someone called 'Dan' were on together and there was a kind of ghastly banter-fest. Things always take a turn for the worse when Swann

a) launches an anecdote on some epic drinking feat;
b) treats us to his repertoire of impersonations and 'funny' accents;
c) wraps himself in the flag of St George and plays the patriotic card (sometimes in the face of reality)

Back in the day he'd have been put in his place by one of the TMS squirearchy.

(Mood of listener not enhanced by repeated hammerings from Aussies.)

With you all the way. Agnew one of the remaining squirearchy is at home with his wife who has had breast cancer treatment this year. In her latest tweet she is hoping he'll be with TMS in NZ as she has had enough of him. Good news for all concerned.

Luckily I only woke once last night, between innings, and briefly listened some bloke called Ed talking to Ebony. Worked better than a sleeping tablet.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Gave up after series was lost so much wrong with how English cricket is run by the people that run it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have 9 centuries scored against our 3!
They scored as many centuries in their 1st innings in this test as England have in 9 innings!

I think we need to change the rules.
Next time in Australia they bat first and we then have 3 innings in which to try to beat their score.
And also they can only play one fast bowler.
We may just have a chance then.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
They have 9 centuries scored against our 3!
They scored as many centuries in their 1st innings in this test as England have in 9 innings!

I think we need to change the rules.
Next time in Australia they bat first and we then have 3 innings in which to try to beat their score.
And also they can only play one fast bowler.
We may just have a chance then.

We would still lose players not good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In 2 year's time with Stokes back and a decent spinner we'll be giving them a pasting on our green tops. And so it goes...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There suggestions that we have a couple of young batsmen coming through from the A tour but no mention of bowlers. We must just hope that Cook regains his form because as the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent. We the need 2 fast bowlers and a NO 2 and 3 batsmen and start all over again. Would it help to stop or restrict the signing of overseas players as most successful county teams have a strike bowler and leading batsmen from over seas in their ranks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Glad I never watched one bit of the tour. It's not just about their conditions ... nailbiting series over here, 9/10 times we're slaughtered over there. And that's with the Aussies out of love with test cricket, we're told. They are hardened winners, England are weak.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
See old Jofra’s doing the business out there though.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can everyone retire - immediately, now!!! We could claim a draw.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They are hardened winners, England are weak.

That'll be Joe Root on a drip all night coming out to bat and bagging another half century. ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here