Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Proper Darts

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
One thing that the BDO has on the PDC is less bellends per square inch in the audience. Cluck me, the PDC was BRILLIANT 10-15 years ago but it's become a complete parody of itself, does anyone even actually watch the darts?

I won't be watching in February at Newcastle premier league

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
What a load of rubbish that walk on by Montgomery. He kept shaking hands with people and they are his weapons so anybody could have shook his hands and squeezed them causing him problems. Sportsmen whose hands are their weapons usually keep them away from fans.

Taylor was using his weapons to squeeze things in his caravan, allegedly, and it never did his game any harm :drool::

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a load of rubbish that walk on by Montgomery. He kept shaking hands with people and they are his weapons so anybody could have shook his hands and squeezed them causing him problems. Sportsmen whose hands are their weapons usually keep them away from fans.

Great match as expected but Montgomery did himself no favours by keeping Scott waiting (no pun intended) with his stupid entrance. It annoyed Scotty a bit and fired him up. But missing all those match darts did my blood pressure no good. Job done though and he's knocked out a contender and the fifth seed. Into the second round.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just turned on whilst home for lunch. This made me smile. He ended up having 27 darts in the leg. And is winning.
8ba31e455684467ffb4a997190b54bec.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

But BDO fans are knowledgeable, respectful and gentle beings, they wouldn't hurt a fly. Not like those PDC neanderthals.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Don't really follow BDO but remembered liking Menzies in the Grand Slam of Darts so backed him. He lost in 1st round yesterday. Ho hum

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
McGeeney v Noppert this afternoon should be an absolute belter.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, went to Lakeside for first time this weekend - absolutely brilliant! Like being stuck in the 80s with everything from music to decor but ****ing funny! Crowd much, much more darts educated than the PDC circus (and I’m a PDC man btw!)

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Noppert out as well now. Another big-ish name that I've heard of.

Was looking on wiki earlier and Anastasia Dobaihoflfelejfeklghf in the women's one got a higher 1st round average than quite a few of the men.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The high quality games keep on coming Duzza v The Dazzler tonight and another big name must go!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
It’s like watching pub darts, never seen professionals who need so many darts in a leg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Dreadful standard, simply dreadful. Averages of 78 to low 90s.

How they have the cheek to televise these amateurs after the PDC is beyond comprehension.

None of them would make the top 16 of the PDC, not even Durrant imho!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've lumped on Scott Waites @ 22/1 each way.

For a former champion to be that price and a perennial favourite with the crowd, he must have a tough draw? If Scotty doesn't win it I hope Wolfie does it again. Now recovered from his illness.

I do love Lakeside. The crowd are usually respectful towards the players.

Getting excited. Into the quarter-finals. Scotty too hotty for Dean Reynolds late last night.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Dreadful standard, simply dreadful. Averages of 78 to low 90s.

How they have the cheek to televise these amateurs after the PDC is beyond comprehension.

None of them would make the top 16 of the PDC, not even Durrant imho!

Durrant is class, along with Scott Waites on his day. But the BDO World champion would be an also-ran in the PDC - ranked around #12. What's happened to James Wade? He's terrible now.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Noppert out as well now. Another big-ish name that I've heard of.

Was looking on wiki earlier and Anastasia Dobaihoflfelejfeklghf in the women's one got a higher 1st round average than quite a few of the men.

Poor guy lost his mum a fortnight ago. Just turning up was an achievement. Hope he's dealing with his grief. After I heard that I wanted him to win the tournament for his late mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here