Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Proper Darts

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m going in fancy dress, Im fatting-up and going as a dull Brexiteer sex-case from Stoke.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon 'Old Stoneface' & 'The Crafty Cockney' could still do a job...

In all seriousness I reckon Part, Mardle and Harrington from Sky's commentary box would all make the BDO Q/Fs.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I have a lot of affections for the BDO days of old. The PDC darts is, as we all know, much higher standard, but the crowd, oh my god the crowd - jumped up chavvy little pissheads, arrogant nasty little runts, no knowledge shit for brain aresholes, plus a handfull of NSCer's. I just could not bring myself to go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m off for the weekend for my first lakeside experience.. Looking forward to some beers with a proper and respectful darts crowd rather than the large % bellends that go to the PDC one :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As a relative newcomer to following the darts I’m somewhat gobsmacked but this is still not sorted. It smacks a bit of the sort of thing that happened in the 80s. Can’t they get it together for the benefit of all?

Is the BDO so much worse? Presumably because all the money is in PDC?

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
That is the kind of quality darts we want to see

OMG - love the double 4 attempt- where you could hear the dart landing but it was so far off target that It wasn’t visible in camera shot :laugh:

And the Swedish guy giving his best Phil Taylor, aren’t I a character impression after missing his 38th check out attempt!

I’m glad I watched the clip as a firm reminder to carry on avoiding BDO darts on the TV at all costs.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I'll be there a a couple of nights during the week as its on my doorstep.Everyone has to start somewhere.Even the great Eric Bristow won a Final with an average of 86 . Darts has improved so much ,players like Manley ,Dudbridge and Painter who Phil Taylor beat in PDC finals wouldn't even get past round 1 at the highest level of Darts.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
At that Level of darts it just like going down the pub , but just a bit bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
As a relative newcomer to following the darts I’m somewhat gobsmacked but this is still not sorted. It smacks a bit of the sort of thing that happened in the 80s. Can’t they get it together for the benefit of all?

Is the BDO so much worse? Presumably because all the money is in PDC?

The then head of the BDO refused to back down for years to a point where there is no point anymore even though he is now dead. So the BDO now serves as an "open" which is ironic considering what caused the split and the PDC is the closed invite of the elite and it works pretty well now to have both.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If you ever get the chance watch the BBC documentary on the 1993 Split in Darts.
It all came down to a power struggle between Olly Croft who effectively created the BDO and the top players of the time, Sky and the PDC have delivered everything, and perhaps more, that the players asked for back then.
I wonder if some of the lesser lights in the BDO at the time had stood up to Croft whether the PDC would never have happened and the BDO would be the only Darts organisation today?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The then head of the BDO refused to back down for years to a point where there is no point anymore even though he is now dead. So the BDO now serves as an "open" which is ironic considering what caused the split and the PDC is the closed invite of the elite and it works pretty well now to have both.

Is Olly Croft dead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here