Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why don’t Arsenal have animated advertising boards ?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I HATE the moving electronic advertising boards that now infest modern football. As a sufferer of light sensitive epilepsy I find it health risk as well as bloody distracting and annoying. I have seriously considered whether I can attend games these days.

When I said this to the Albion they did point out that the West Stand does not have them ....so it is the East Stand for me now.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Arsenal do have them. I was watching the dog chase the football during last nights match thinking they have the same advert as us

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I HATE the moving electronic advertising boards that now infest modern football. As a sufferer of light sensitive epilepsy I find it health risk as well as bloody distracting and annoying.

How do you cope with the flashing advertising on this forum?
I don't suffer from epilepsy but I definitely find the advertising distracting and annoying.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There simply isn't anywhere to put one without reducing the capacity.

When it was re-built those screens didn't exist and the motivation was to pack as many in as possible.

The ground is really in need of a re-fit but the owners don't seem to want to invest in the infrastructure. Since the capacity will be reduced soon by new disabled areas (they are behind us in that regard) I can't see the owners putting a TV in at the expense of seats.

Agree at the moment it's a 75000 capacity crammed into a 50000 stadium, very poor conditions in fact third world.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Arsenal do have them. I was watching the dog chase the football during last nights match thinking they have the same advert as us

That little doggie scores more goals than we do...maybe that is the answer to our striker crisis.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
.....and showing that the brand awareness advertising is working !!!

It's the dog I notice more than anything else. Mind you, until someone mentioned vitality, I had forgotten what it was advertising.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's the dog I notice more than anything else. Mind you, until someone mentioned vitality, I had forgotten what it was advertising.

Agree, I hate those pesky dachshunds, They seem to get everywhere saw them at Twickenham !!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I liked the old rotating boards. Remember watching us v Rotherham at Millmoor years ago and one of the funniest things (of which there were many) was the completely shonky, free standing rotating ad board which didn't work properly so kept clanking and groaning as it attempted to stop itself from constantly showing two halves of different adverts. They probably still have something similar at Selhurst mind.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I do loathe them but must admit the little
dog scoring goals is sometimes a pleasant distraction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here