Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2018

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Off to see Black Panther later today...understand that there are (just) two additional scenes mid/post credit. Would anyone who has already seen it, say these are worth hanging around for? It's a Marvel film so presume there is some point to the additional scenes, but will have the missus and kids in tow so they might be hassling to go once the credits start rolling!
As for the after credits scenes, they were hardly worth extending what I considered one loooooooong and tedious visit to the cinema.

While I apparently enjoyed the film more than Oscar, I would agree, the end scenes aren't particularly worth waiting for. Like with most other Marvel films, one scene links to the film itself, one links to the overarching story, however that one doesn't tell us anything we don't already know both from a previous post-credits scene in a prior film (I think Civil War), and a line in the film.

Anyone else sick and tired of all these superhero and marvel films now ? It must be 20% of the annual movies on release. They are ALL the same !!

Nope. I love superhero movies, always have. Though as a kid there weren't that many around, and few of those that were around actually treated the source material with respect. I appreciate that if you're not into superhero movies, they are dominating the cinema at the moment, but that happens. It is compounded by the reluctance of studios to make mid-range budget movies. They're either $100+m tentpole movies, or indies. There are loads of great independent/low budget films out there if you venture outside the blockbuster popcorn movie offerings of hollywood.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Shape of Water. What a film of stunning imagery and heart. It is wonderous. A thing of immense beauty. Totally unique. 92 out of 100

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Back from Black Panther, and felt disappointed by it. Whilst I don't tend to enjoy crashy-bangy nonsense like Transformers these days, it seemed too slow and didn't really seem to be going anywhere for a while. I guess it is an origin story more than anything. Andy Serkis seemed decent enough (still can't get used to him being so bulked up these days - didn't he used to be a fair bit smaller?) although his character seemed a little underused. The extra scenes really aren't worth hanging around for IMHO...two or three laughs in the film, but the general reaction in the audience seemed to be that the humour was a little misplaced in the film, maybe that we shouldn't be laughing...nice cameo by Stan Lee though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Three Billboards 93
The Shape of Water 92
Darkest Hour 91
The Post 84

What a start to the year. I comes to something when Spielberg's new film, whilst very good is the weakest so far. The Shape of Water is a film I will be thinking about for a long time after yesterday. Such wonderful film making with a beautiful, unconventional love story. Truly magical

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh great, I'm going to see that Saturday (bad fan) .... should I be prepared for a sad ending ... if you can answer that

Can't say. What I will say is remember it is a fantasy, a fairytale, so do not study every event with a logical mind as I have seen people do on review sites. It is a beautiful, unconventional love story with two lonely and alienated souls coming together. It is magical

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Can't say. What I will say is remember it is a fantasy, a fairytale, so do not study every event with a logical mind as I have seen people do on review sites. It is a beautiful, unconventional love story with two lonely and alienated souls coming together. It is magical

thanks for that, I will keep that in mind

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
thanks for that, I will keep that in mind

You have to keep an open mind. some people saying " that would not really happen would it ? " They miss the whole point of the film

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a little heads up:-

The Iceman is on Film4 tonight:-

movieposter.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know it's a bit late but Mrs V and I have just found La La Land is on Netflix as we missed it when it was on at the cinema..... Well, we have struggled to 21 minutes and 17 seconds in, what a crock of shite.

Glad I never wasted hard cash on this at the pictures or in dvd form. Bailing out now for Shetland on the iplayer. What inane crap.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know it's a bit late but Mrs V and I have just found La La Land is on Netflix as we missed it when it was on at the cinema..... Well, we have struggled to 21 minutes and 17 seconds in, what a crock of shite.

Glad I never wasted hard cash on this at the pictures or in dvd form. Bailing out now for Shetland on the iplayer. What inane crap.

Admitting to loving La La Land is just something not worth doing anymore. It is like a dark secret fans have to hide now, like someone that killed puppies in the past for fun or dealt drugs. I am thoroughly ashamed of my love for the film. It is just something I am going to have to learn to live with

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Admitting to loving La La Land is just something not worth doing anymore. It is like a dark secret fans have to hide now, like someone that killed puppies in the past for fun or dealt drugs. I am thoroughly ashamed of my love for the film. It is just something I am going to have to learn to live with

Why oh why do you take it so personally when someone doesn't like a film that you love? He didn't even mention your name in his post. I'm not having a pop at you, I'm really not but I do find it rather odd.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why oh why do you take it so personally when someone doesn't like a film that you love? He didn't even mention your name in his post. I'm not having a pop at you, I'm really not but I do find it rather odd.

Have you seen it as you agreed with his post ? I do sort of take it personally when someone says something I loved was inane drivel. I am genuinely ashamed with loving the film, it is certainly something I would not publicise now

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am also sure there will be hoardes of people rushing to tell me the shape of water is a load of bllocks soon as well, the backlash for that film is already in full force as well

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have you seen it as you agreed with his post ? I do sort of take it personally when someone says something I loved was inane drivel. I am genuinely ashamed with loving the film, it is certainly something I would not publicise now

I have not seen it. I thumbsed up him for his intention to watch Shetland. A great program. I have seen it's on Netflix and I'll probably give it a go at some point but it's not really my cup of tea and I'd rather spend time watching things I like the look of. Mrs The Clamp went to the flicks with her mates to see it and rated it but the only musicals I have ever liked were The Man of La Mancha with Peter O'Toole, Singin in the Rain and Sweeney Todd.

I watched David Brent: Life on the Road last night on Netflix. I enjoyed that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here