Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast

Thread: Film 2018

Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean hot as f**k?
    No, I meant bland and forgettable. But if you like her, maybe you'll enjoy the film or her part in it more than I did
    Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      No, I meant bland and forgettable. But if you like her, maybe you'll enjoy the film or her part in it more than I did
      I saw it today. I didn’t think she was anymore forgettable anyone else. Overall, it’s a very average film though, without any particularly exciting performances or a compelling story. She did looks very good in it mind.

0 Not allowed!
      Not 2018, but Sing Street is on Film 4 at 9.

If you're of an age, approaching 50, this film really is must watch feel good fun.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      /\

Honest to god, set your videos if need be, thank me later.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

1 Not allowed!
      Just seen jurassic world the fallen kingdom and I have to say for a summer popcorn film it was far better in every single department. Solo left me cold this made me thrilled. Very decent effort imo. 88 out of 100
      Spielberg is GOD.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      /\

Honest to god, set your videos if need be, thank me later.
      Agreed great film
      Every time I think that Gordon Smith will just raise that ball over Gary Bailey - He never does! If only #006600
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Saw deadpool 2 recently. It was funny and violent like the first film, but the humour and violence seemed less... substantial, seemed hollow? It felt like they were copying the format of the first with regard to violence and humour, but not the spirit and the reasoning behind it. So it was good, but not as good as the first.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      So.

Never consciously set out to be a Saoirse Ronan fanboy, but had her marked out as a personal special talent ever since the The Lovely Bones in 2009. She's only 24, and already has a hugely impressive CV under her belt. And hot on the heels of her Oscar-nominated performance in Ladybird comes On Chesil Beach, an altogether different movie, yet in many ways the same movie. This time she's Florence Ponting, middle-middle-class classical-music-loving mildly-rebellious newlywed, newly-bethrothed to lower-middle-class jazz-loving mildly-rebellious Edward Mayhew, ably-played by Billy Howle. It's 1962. They've been married a couple of hours, they're booked into a posh/grotty flock-wallpaper hotel on Chesil Beach in Dorset. Bit by bit, we're filled in on their back stories, lovingly set against a backdrop of flint cottages and pebble beaches, village cricket and ungifted amateur tennis.It's beautifully directed by Dominic Cooke, and ever so easy to fully immerse yourself in. But based on a novella of the same name by Ian McEwan, it has to tell a specific story. So the ending gets somewhat-clumsily, yet still movingly shoe-horned in. Overall, t's a beautiful piece of work that you'll take away with you and sit in the corner and think about what you've seen for quite some time. And Saoirse Ronan? Our Greatest Living 24 Year Old Actress by about a hundred country miles. 8/10
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      So.

Never consciously set out to be a Saoirse Ronan fanboy, but had her marked out as a personal special talent ever since the The Lovely Bones in 2009. She's only 24, and already has a hugely impressive CV under her belt. And hot on the heels of her Oscar-nominated performance in Ladybird comes On Chesil Beach, an altogether different movie, yet in many ways the same movie. This time she's Florence Ponting, middle-middle-class classical-music-loving mildly-rebellious newlywed, newly-bethrothed to lower-middle-class jazz-loving mildly-rebellious Edward Mayhew, ably-played by Billy Howle. It's 1962. They've been married a couple of hours, they're booked into a posh/grotty flock-wallpaper hotel on Chesil Beach in Dorset. Bit by bit, we're filled in on their back stories, lovingly set against a backdrop of flint cottages and pebble beaches, village cricket and ungifted amateur tennis.It's beautifully directed by Dominic Cooke, and ever so easy to fully immerse yourself in. But based on a novella of the same name by Ian McEwan, it has to tell a specific story. So the ending gets somewhat-clumsily, yet still movingly shoe-horned in. Overall, t's a beautiful piece of work that you'll take away with you and sit in the corner and think about what you've seen for quite some time. And Saoirse Ronan? Our Greatest Living 24 Year Old Actress by about a hundred country miles. 8/10
      haven't got round to seeing that yet, but have never seen her in a duff film
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
      haven't got round to seeing that yet, but have never seen her in a duff film
      Then you're in luck mate, Anne-Marie Duff plays her mother-in-law

Seriously tho, it's a, er, SERIOUSLY sweet film but it's only on at the DoY til Thursday. Look lively - and report back!
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson