Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Film 2018

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen Coco ? I am not a big animation film fan but heard this is very good. 8.6 average and 49th greatest film of all time on imdb. Worth a watch ?
    It’s brilliant.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
      Off to see Black Panther later today...understand that there are (just) two additional scenes mid/post credit. Would anyone who has already seen it, say these are worth hanging around for? It's a Marvel film so presume there is some point to the additional scenes, but will have the missus and kids in tow so they might be hassling to go once the credits start rolling!
      Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
      As for the after credits scenes, they were hardly worth extending what I considered one loooooooong and tedious visit to the cinema.
      While I apparently enjoyed the film more than Oscar, I would agree, the end scenes aren't particularly worth waiting for. Like with most other Marvel films, one scene links to the film itself, one links to the overarching story, however that one doesn't tell us anything we don't already know both from a previous post-credits scene in a prior film (I think Civil War), and a line in the film.

Anyone else sick and tired of all these superhero and marvel films now ? It must be 20% of the annual movies on release. They are ALL the same !!
      Nope. I love superhero movies, always have. Though as a kid there weren't that many around, and few of those that were around actually treated the source material with respect. I appreciate that if you're not into superhero movies, they are dominating the cinema at the moment, but that happens. It is compounded by the reluctance of studios to make mid-range budget movies. They're either $100+m tentpole movies, or indies. There are loads of great independent/low budget films out there if you venture outside the blockbuster popcorn movie offerings of hollywood.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

1 Not allowed!
      The Shape of Water. What a film of stunning imagery and heart. It is wonderous. A thing of immense beauty. Totally unique. 92 out of 100
      Spielberg is GOD.

0 Not allowed!
      The Shape of Water. What a film of stunning imagery and heart. It is wonderous. A thing of immense beauty. Totally unique. 92 out of 100
      Good to hear. Love Del Toro, such a unique writer.looking forward to catching this!

0 Not allowed!
      Back from Black Panther, and felt disappointed by it. Whilst I don't tend to enjoy crashy-bangy nonsense like Transformers these days, it seemed too slow and didn't really seem to be going anywhere for a while. I guess it is an origin story more than anything. Andy Serkis seemed decent enough (still can't get used to him being so bulked up these days - didn't he used to be a fair bit smaller?) although his character seemed a little underused. The extra scenes really aren't worth hanging around for IMHO...two or three laughs in the film, but the general reaction in the audience seemed to be that the humour was a little misplaced in the film, maybe that we shouldn't be laughing...nice cameo by Stan Lee though.

0 Not allowed!
      For me, Three Billboards and Journey's End are well clear on the ratings.

Two incredibly powerful movies.

0 Not allowed!
      Three Billboards 93
      The Shape of Water 92
      Darkest Hour 91
      The Post 84

What a start to the year. I comes to something when Spielberg's new film, whilst very good is the weakest so far. The Shape of Water is a film I will be thinking about for a long time after yesterday. Such wonderful film making with a beautiful, unconventional love story. Truly magical
      Last edited by Uncle Spielberg; 15-02-2018 at 09:24.
      Spielberg is GOD.
      I Don't Want To Go To ...

0 Not allowed!
      Oh great, I'm going to see that Saturday (bad fan) .... should I be prepared for a sad ending ... if you can answer that

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
      Oh great, I'm going to see that Saturday (bad fan) .... should I be prepared for a sad ending ... if you can answer that
      Can't say. What I will say is remember it is a fantasy, a fairytale, so do not study every event with a logical mind as I have seen people do on review sites. It is a beautiful, unconventional love story with two lonely and alienated souls coming together. It is magical
      Last edited by Uncle Spielberg; 15-02-2018 at 10:15.
      Spielberg is GOD.
      I Don't Want To Go To ...

1 Not allowed!
      Can't say. What I will say is remember it is a fantasy, a fairytale, so do not study every event with a logical mind as I have seen people do on review sites. It is a beautiful, unconventional love story with two lonely and alienated souls coming together. It is magical
      thanks for that, I will keep that in mind