Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Film 2018

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else sick and tired of all these superhero and marvel films now ? It must be 20% of the annual movies on release. They are ALL the same !!
    Yep. The last Superhero film I went to see was one of the Nolan Batman ones. Seen a few on Netflix and they are all rubbish.
    Nearly.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      2 Im looking forward to.

Deadpool 2

Pacific Rim Uprising.

Both original films were way better than I expected.
      Rim Uprising eh. Sounds good.
      Say hello to my liddle friend.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      Yep. The last Superhero film I went to see was one of the Nolan Batman ones. Seen a few on Netflix and they are all rubbish.
      We agree. It is a total lack of originality and dull. Seen one, seen them all

Wonder Woman was decent. Probably my favourite of this genre
      Spielberg is GOD.

0 Not allowed!
      Black Panther - Saw this yesterday with expectations high but I have to say I found it utterly boring. The characters are dull, the action scenes are generic and the humour forced in what I found to be a very odd addition to the admittedly rather bloated Marvel movie universe.

I was disappointed to see yet another high-tech super suit transformation (after Spider-Man: Homecoming especially) with the back story hinting at a different, more natural origin for Black Panther and his power. The little sister/Q Bond-like scene was particularly dull.

I have to say this was a slightly uncomfortable watch with the audience I saw it with (a fairly typical mixed half-term crowd) with a few laughs from some at scenes I really don't think were meant to be funny. I was just relieved to know that this is a film already celebrated for redressing the balance in Hollywood and not some misjudged fodder made by Michael Bay or whoever.

As for the after credits scenes, they were hardly worth extending what I considered one loooooooong and tedious visit to the cinema.
      That's just, like, your opinion man.

0 Not allowed!

I can't stand cynical film making and I think Marvel are a money making machine that have given up bothering with originality or quality as they know nea my everything they do, as long as they stick to a formulae, will make money and if it doesn't? Well There's a hundred others that will make up the shortfall!
      Nearly.

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone else sick and tired of all these superhero and marvel films now ? It must be 20% of the annual movies on release. They are ALL the same !!
      I'm with you there. They have been scraping the barrel for comicbook characters for a while now - from what I remember as a collector in my younger days, comics like Ant Man and Black Panther, and Ghost Rider too, were pretty trashy reads. As ever, though, the industry has found its moneymaking formula, and they'll stick to it, in this case perhaps endlessly.
      I find the odd series on Netflix not too bad though. It seems i'll binge on them, but in the cinema I want a bit more. Or not quite such repetitive noise.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      I can't stand cynical film making and I think Marvel are a money making machine that have given up bothering with originality or quality as they know nea my everything they do, as long as they stick to a formulae, will make money and if it doesn't? Well There's a hundred others that will make up the shortfall!
      Now, I didn't see the latest Thor, and I sort of want to. The reason is for the director. I wonder if within the Marvel universe they may realise they are running out of steam, and need to introduce slightly different styles. One of the 18 Wolverine films was future set and gruesome, and a little bit better than some of the others. Maybe what I am really saying is when will we therefore have Green Lantern directed by Asghar Farhadi, or a Bergman-esque Swamp Thing?
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Meade's Ball View Post
      Now, I didn't see the latest Thor, and I sort of want to. The reason is for the director. I wonder if within the Marvel universe they may realise they are running out of steam, and need to introduce slightly different styles. One of the 18 Wolverine films was future set and gruesome, and a little bit better than some of the others. Maybe what I am really saying is when will we therefore have Green Lantern directed by Asghar Farhadi, or a Bergman-esque Swamp Thing?
      Werner Herzog's Too Much Coffee Man?
      Nearly.

1 Not allowed!

That and deadpool, I haven't really watched many since Xmen 2 which was tedious, Guardians of the Galaxy an exception but its now a genre I tend to avoid.

The thing is there is so much more sci=fi on the syfy channel and netflix that cinema duds are easier to avoid.

0 Not allowed!
      I am clearly in the minority. I still get great pleasure from them. For me, going to the cinema is a chance to escape, to dream, to hope. These films offer that for me. But I love a wide range of cinema and if I don’t enjoy a genre (not really a “horror” film fan, for example), then I just stay away.