Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would be your first choice Albion left back?

Who would be your first choice left back?

• Bong

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • Suttner

Votes: 112 62.6%
  • I'm indecisive. It's a bit like asking to name your favourite child, isn't it?

Votes: 36 20.1%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Undecided, both good. Bong faster and better tackling/jockeying, Suttner a better passer.........if we had the best bits of both in a single player we'd have a £30m LB.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Key passes - 0.

If Murray had been playing against Watford when Suttner was making it rain deadly crosses, we'd have battered them.

Suttner is better in all aspects of the game, but Bong is a solid replacement when required. Either way, depending our level of ambition for next season, we'll need a new left back.

For all your banging on about Suttner's crossing ability on NSC, it was piss poor against Bournemouth.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Suttner has looked really good the last couple of games, I'll grant you, but Bong - I just love it when he gets the ball and immediately looks to see what he can do with it going forward. Such positivity, I love it. So I've chosen the fence option.

HOWEVER - its bloody scandalous that of the 24 players plus CH to adorn the 2018 Albion calendar, Bong is not one of them. KLL. Murphy and Skalak are on their for ****s sake, but no Bong. I AM OFFICIALLY APPALLED

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would go for Bong but I think that CH is playing them correctly and keeping them on their toes, whether it be by choice or necessity. Unfortuantely we do not have the same option in many other positions

You've took the words out of my mouth, and are not known as our resident left-back expert for nothing.
If I had to plump for one, I'd go with Suttner, but Bong is in the richest vein of form since he's been with us, in my view.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Bong.

"BIG BEN - we've got more Bongs than you, we've got more Bongs than you, we've got more Bongs than you"
(repeat) :banana:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bong. He’s actually a competent defender at this level, but people have decided he’s awful and they’re not going to be swayed. Suttner is a tidy little player too.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
quicker, better tackling, betting running with the ball Bong for me,
though Suttner is better passing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Suttner's sliding tackles are a thing of beauty and source of great joy.
But I really enjoy Bong's occasional moments of flair.

Hopefully they'll come a time when CH has this dilemma in every position.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Suttner every time. I think Bong is the slightly better defender but offers nothing going forward. Suttner is the better all round player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Bong because of his strength and pace, we need that in our back four.

Suttner great at passing but thats more of a midfielders quality.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I like the fact that Bong has NO key passes. Suttner is much better but 'Backwards Bong' is ok away from home for certain games.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Suttner for me.

it will be interesting to see which one plays in the cup game, as to me that would be a clear indication they are not starting at West Brom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here