Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky Sports £15 a month...oh go on then

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky are always open to a reduction to keep a customer.

As long as you say you love their products but cant afford it, they will always come crawling back.

I put down the phone, having registered my desire to leave and 3 days later I got:

Sky TV package in HD , internet, phone, all the sports in HD for £45 a month.

did the same with BT and I have all the sport channels in HD for £6 a month

I spent half an hour on the phone wearing BT down and got the Sports channels for £2 a month. The buggers went and put it up to £5 a month with the price rise. Always seem to end up in a high scoring draw when I negotiate with them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Read this thread and realised we were paying £80.00 for our Sky which included Box Sets which is the upgraded basic packet and all films, Sports etc.

Got it down to £60.00 now with an extra 2 devices to bring it up to 4 on Sky Go Extra because we are Platinum VIP ustomers.

Yes Platinum. Never been a Platinum before, or a VIP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm paying £30 a month for the basic Sky package. That's on some kind of offer as well I think, but I forget when that expires.

Have you got Sky cinema in there as well Easy. My package breaks down like this

Box set £ 30.00 Box Set/Variety
Sports. £ 20.00
HD. £ 2.00
Cinema. £ 8.50

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Spent an hour last night talking to a very nice Scottish lady doing my yearly price reduction dance. Had to change my broadband away from them anyway so phoned up, told them broadband was going to BT anyway so what could they do TV wise. Ended up getting Sky Q with an extra box for 18 months on a better deal than my last year deal which was only for 10 months on a 12 month contract. Also saving around £15 a month switching broadband as well as BT throwing gift cards/Quidco at me for swapping, I am a lot better off just for haggling. Probably could have been more hardball and dragged it out but if you are charming with them, they often do you a (relatively) good deal without extra haggling anyway. Still a lot of money at £73.50 a month but that is multiroom, sports, movies, HD etc. Factor in BT charges and I will be paying around £40 a month less than the standard Sky charges which was on ageing Sky boxes out of warranty.

Every year I go back and forth on cancelling and although I know I overpay for the sport I actually watch, I would miss it if it was to go. I just really begrudge having to go through the dance every year and not being stubborn enough to get them rock bottom.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
We’re on the verge of cancelling Sky Sports and Cinema, but I’m struggling to establish how much our monthly bill will reduce by. Currently paying £74 for a box set including all Sky Sports and Cinema, plus £6 for sports HD and £28.99 for broadband and talk, which comes to £108.99 per month. Also, is there a best time in terms of billing to downgrade?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We’re on the verge of cancelling Sky Sports and Cinema, but I’m struggling to establish how much our monthly bill will reduce by. Currently paying £74 for a box set including all Sky Sports and Cinema, plus £6 for sports HD and £28.99 for broadband and talk, which comes to £108.99 per month. Also, is there a best time in terms of billing to downgrade?

If you're out of contract call them up and try and cancel your whole package (you can even go through with it as you have 30 days to change your mind after). Say it costs too much and you can get it cheaper elsewhere. Say you don't want to lose any of your channels etc. You should be able to get 50-60% off your TV, and a good discount on your phone and broadband. You should be able to get it down to about £60 per month (keeping everything you have), and possibly you might be able to get some account credit as well (around £30-£50). Never pay full price. You can ask to be put on a rolling contract too - make sure you don't get put in a situation where you have a discount for 12 months, but are contracted for 18.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I was on the phone to sky for 50 mins getting my reduction, was worth it but I now know the lad selling it to me supports Dundee, thought Mcgregor was gonna beat Mayweather, has a 1 year old child AND accidentally knocked a mars bar out of his colleagues hand recently and felt so bad about it he went and bought her a new one. I saved myself approx £20 a month but was near suicidal after the call.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I pay £10 pm for IPTV through my TV. I get all the sky channels and NBC channels included with about 750 films to choose from. Oh and some adult content for good measure [emoji41]

I'm not paying Murdoch a penny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you got Sky cinema in there as well Easy. My package breaks down like this

Box set £ 30.00 Box Set/Variety
Sports. £ 20.00
HD. £ 2.00
Cinema. £ 8.50

No, I've not got Sky Cinema, but I'm not bothered about that as I just stream all the films I want (in HD) via Kodi.

Watched the Arsenal game tonight, which was a belter. Turns out all the sports channels are in HD so jobs a goodun. I used to be paying north of £90 a month for all that gubbins, which is why I binned it. Quite happy to get that down to £45. If I can be arsed I'll see if I can get that down further at some point, but happy with a £15 per month price freeze deal for the sports.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree with seagulls4ever. Had been a long term Sky user with the full package paying full price until a couple of years ago, when phoned them up to say wanted to cancel as couldn't afford it anymore. They offered me about 20% discount but I said no, and went ahead with the cancellation process. Before the 30 days were up they came back with a 60% discount which I took. When that 12 months was up went back to them again and arranged another discount, which is 50% off the packages. Subsequently upgraded to Sky Q a few months back for free as VIP Diamond status.

Currently paying £55 per month for TV package which is £19 for box sets (normally £38), £13.75 Sky Sports (normally £27.50), £4.25 Sky Cinema (normally £8.50), £6 Sky Sports HD, £12 Sky Q multiscreen pack. In addition I have a Broadband and Talk package which is £26 per month, which includes Sky Fibre Max at £16.01 (normally £25) and Line rental at £9.99 (normally £18.99).

Good luck.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After several years without pay-for-view sports because the price had kept escalating, earlier this week I upgraded our Virgin TV package with Sky Sports at £15 and BT Sport at £18 per month.

To me £33 a month to receive all CL matches plus all televised PL matches is decent value.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Agree with seagulls4ever. Had been a long term Sky user with the full package paying full price until a couple of years ago, when phoned them up to say wanted to cancel as couldn't afford it anymore. They offered me about 20% discount but I said no, and went ahead with the cancellation process. Before the 30 days were up they came back with a 60% discount which I took. When that 12 months was up went back to them again and arranged another discount, which is 50% off the packages. Subsequently upgraded to Sky Q a few months back for free as VIP Diamond status.

Currently paying £55 per month for TV package which is £19 for box sets (normally £38), £13.75 Sky Sports (normally £27.50), £4.25 Sky Cinema (normally £8.50), £6 Sky Sports HD, £12 Sky Q multiscreen pack. In addition I have a Broadband and Talk package which is £26 per month, which includes Sky Fibre Max at £16.01 (normally £25) and Line rental at £9.99 (normally £18.99).

Good luck.
I got a very similar deal on a Sky Q silver, box sets movies sports and fibre Max for £86. 8 months ago on a 18 month contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here