Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon: Crystal Palace duo out for rest of season

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Have a look at the photo earlier in thread. If you take one for the team you just needed to to trip him. Go low and catch an ankle. In the photo his right leg is knee high and it’s a clash of knees, which means his foot is past KdB left knee. That is not taking one for the team, that is f*cking criminal. Their are no excuses, none what so ever! I can understand that you don’t want to criticise one of your own players but really, this is taking the piss!

Cheese_Roll

May 19, 2009
The mighty Palace
Puncheon on their hand was (IMHO) trying to cause as much damage as possible! That tackle was horrific and how he didn’t do KdB ‘s PCL or ACL is down to fortune an nothing else.

Defensive of Dann I can understand, but how you can have any sympathy for puncheon is beyond me. I wish Dann a speedy recovery but puncheon can get scraped!

In the 2.4 seconds from the missed penalty to Puncheons tackle I am not sure how you can put in Punch’s mind that he decided he wanted to hurt KDB as much as possible. In the 92nd minute of a designated 93. (cos that will help us a lot) He was like the rest of us watching, “****, they’re breaking stop it”

Neither of the two players are ‘nasty footballers’, and some might even say that they can’t even tackle properly (if ever). We have one player who lives on the edge, and is still honest – Cabaye. For Punch the ball was there and then wasn’t, his eye was on the ball for the duration of the tackle, but concede it's a late professional foul and a red – a lot more made of it given the ‘perceived’ injury for KDB. And the Journos who were busy waiting to publish their pieces on Man City equalling the Bayern record. The fact that he’s injured and the fact he still got up to try and get back and help which shows you what his main aim was – but it is lost on you.

Also just for some balance, if you feel fouls are bad and the damaged ACL in the aggressor is a positive thing. (in the warped minds of DPRK chat, perhaps) Mendy did his fouling Townsend a few months back. And there was neither the furore from the media or the bile from Palace fans that is currently coming from certain quarters. The fact of the matter is that ACLS can be done landing, turning, bumping by all manor sudden movements.

I wish some ‘fans’ would show the same dignity as Guardiola who wasn’t overly bothered by that incident (or any in the match), but made a point about ‘all’ players and the protection thereof off the back of it.

May all your injured players be in good health.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    265.8 KB · Views: 286

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Puncheon didn’t watch the penalty. His sole objective was to stop a counter attack by any means necessary. Fully deserved and should be suspended on return. He got booked though didn’t he?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace fans are like those myopic parents you come across who's precious sprogs can never, EVER do any wrong.

"Zaha never cheats or dives, he's not that type of player. It's all just a big media witch hunt"
"Puncheon didn't mean to cut DeBruyne in half at the knees, he's not that type of player. He just...mistimed it a bit"

:rolleyes:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Palace fans are like those myopic parents you come across who's precious sprogs can never, EVER do any wrong.

"Zaha never cheats or dives, he's not that type of player. It's all just a big media witch hunt"
"Puncheon didn't mean to cut DeBruyne in half at the knees, he's not that type of player. He just...mistimed it a bit"

:rolleyes:
You can add:
'It wasn't Matthew Simmons fault that he shouted racist abuse at Eric Cantona. Cantona shouldn't have reacted and anyway he wasn't really a palace fan....'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can add:
'It wasn't Matthew Simmons fault that he shouted racist abuse at Eric Cantona. Cantona shouldn't have reacted and anyway he wasn't really a palace fan....'

"Its not Palace's fault the club kept on going into administration all the time. Its just all those pesky creditors kept asking for their money back".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You can add:

Also,
Dirty seaweed players, having a dump in our changing room, and writing stuff with the poo, but, the coach driver had a stomach upset, and it's only 'bantz' anyway

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
In the 2.4 seconds from the missed penalty to Puncheons tackle I am not sure how you can put in Punch’s mind that he decided he wanted to hurt KDB as much as possible. In the 92nd minute of a designated 93. (cos that will help us a lot) He was like the rest of us watching, “****, they’re breaking stop it”

Neither of the two players are ‘nasty footballers’, and some might even say that they can’t even tackle properly (if ever). We have one player who lives on the edge, and is still honest – Cabaye. For Punch the ball was there and then wasn’t, his eye was on the ball for the duration of the tackle, but concede it's a late professional foul and a red – a lot more made of it given the ‘perceived’ injury for KDB. And the Journos who were busy waiting to publish their pieces on Man City equalling the Bayern record. The fact that he’s injured and the fact he still got up to try and get back and help which shows you what his main aim was – but it is lost on you.

Also just for some balance, if you feel fouls are bad and the damaged ACL in the aggressor is a positive thing. (in the warped minds of DPRK chat, perhaps) Mendy did his fouling Townsend a few months back. And there was neither the furore from the media or the bile from Palace fans that is currently coming from certain quarters. The fact of the matter is that ACLS can be done landing, turning, bumping by all manor sudden movements.

I wish some ‘fans’ would show the same dignity as Guardiola who wasn’t overly bothered by that incident (or any in the match), but made a point about ‘all’ players and the protection thereof off the back of it.

May all your injured players be in good health.

Protection at the end of the day is down to the players. Puncheon failed miserably. At best that was an appalling challenge. The fact that he has conceded that it was a red says much. My issue was that it was totally un necessary, very unprofessional and he should have known better. Nothing good was going to come out of that challenge and if you go in at that height someone is going to get seriously hurt! Do I wish him the best on his recovery, yes I do as he has paid the price. Do I have sympathy no as he brought it upon himself. I would hazard a guess that if he walked away and KdB didn’t the response from City would have been different.

This isn’t about a Palace player being an arse, this is about a football player regardless of his team, being an arse.
If Mendy’s challenge on Townsend was similar ( I’ve not seen it) then he should get as much grief as Puncheon is getting.

FYI, I ruptured my PCL, 25% of my lateral ligament and about 75% medical ligament. The pain was excruciating for about 30 seconds and then it went.I tried to play on (rugby) but my knee kept giving way so that was that, there was nothing heroic about it.
I had a beer afterwards whilst waiting to go the hospital. The pain didn’t hit until later that evening.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
"Its not Palace's fault the club kept on going into administration all the time. Its just all those pesky creditors kept asking for their money back".

"It's not Palace's fault that a number of marble playing billy boys jumped over the turnstiles injuring stewards and denying other pillock fans their seats for the game. It's Brighton's fault as they did not have higher barriers and did not know how much Disney loves his black clothed billy boys"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was Dirty Dunk castigated on here for his disgusting tackle on Billy Sharpe? Which left him with ankle ligament damage. A little reminder for some of the newer fans on here - http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9183133.Dunk_says_sorry_to_Sharp/

Some interesting comments at the bottom too, By all accounts Sharpe was booed off the pitch despite the terrible injury. Classy stuff.

If we are going back in time now, it was just handbags in comparison to Henry Hughton’s GBH on Gerry Ryan. Palace fans have seldom shown less class than they did that day.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Was Dirty Dunk castigated on here for his disgusting tackle on Billy Sharpe? Which left him with ankle ligament damage. A little reminder for some of the newer fans on here - http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9183133.Dunk_says_sorry_to_Sharp/

Some interesting comments at the bottom too, By all accounts Sharpe was booed off the pitch despite the terrible injury. Classy stuff.

By all accounts the Glaziers, Roy Toffley scythed a Burnley player in half in the 1922/23 season. George Arbuthnot missed several games and left the field to raucous and callous whistles by the Old Stamping Shed terrace at Stoats Nest field. Good gosh, where do we take this?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You are right. Did you know that Sharpe died in that tackle and then miraculously came back to life! Praise the Lord!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You are right. Did you know that Sharpe died in that tackle and then miraculously came back to life! Praise the Lord!

He did in fact die. I recall that a Buddhist Monk, a Rabbi and Archbishop Makarios of Nicosia administered prayers and last rites on the pitch to no avail.

Sharpe (Lazarus) recovered to play a number of games that season and also write a book titled " I wished I played for Palace". it sold 3 copies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here