Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon: Crystal Palace duo out for rest of season

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Puncheon was attempting to end one of the best players in the World, hard to have an ounce of sympathy.
That's a huge conclusion to jump to, that in those few seconds he clearly decided to end the career of another player? Unlikely - more that he made a rash decision about throwing himself into a desperate, dangerous tackle. I would find it harder to have sympathy had he seriously hurt DB, but he didn't, albeit that was lucky not judgement. I personally would not want to see anyone have their career put in jeopardy, their own fault or not..

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If you look at the video capture for Puncheons tackle , it shows about 16 players in the view and the ball was not anywhere to be seen.

21DD0AD0-971A-47F0-A140-DBDA46CBA8A9.jpeg

You obviously didn’t look too hard, the ball is clearly visible, 3 or 4 foot to the right of Puncheon.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A shocking knee high challenge with the ball long gone. Surely nobody would say that Puncheon was making a legitimate challenge for the ball?

IMO he was trying to take out the best player in the PL who I really enjoy watching. I am delighted that Puncheon was the player injured and out for the season and not the ultra talented, thoroughly entertaining KDB

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Utterly disgusting tackle. Intent to injure there, not just stop.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Two bad injuries sustained by making fouls in which they were taking one for the team . I hope they recover well and that we’ll see them next season . I’m not surprised by some of these crass comments , in-line with the jeering when Glenn sustained the same injury at selhurst .

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I realise we are discussing most of you’s favourite team but the amount of people delighted at potentially career ending injuries is somewhat reminiscent of when you cheered FFS’s injury in the playoff semi. Not exactly classy from the self appointed judges of other people’s fans.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Two bad injuries sustained by making fouls in which they were taking one for the team . I hope they recover well and that we’ll see them next season . I’m not surprised by some of these crass comments , in-line with the jeering when Glenn sustained the same injury at selhurst .

Poor effort at an 'holier than thou', they were shockers and you well know it. I might have hoped for, if not expected, better from the likes of you.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I realise we are discussing most of you’s favourite team but the amount of people delighted at potentially career ending injuries is somewhat reminiscent of when you cheered FFS’s injury in the playoff semi. Not exactly classy from the self appointed judges of other people’s fans.

Poor effort at an 'holier than thou', they were shockers and you well know it. I might have hoped for, if not expected, better from the likes of you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Sorry but f@@k off your players were attempting to injure their opponents but come off worse. Only they are to blame.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I was in the away end that night and there was a few 'jeers' because it looked like he dived as no player was near him, when it was realised it was an injury it stopped and he got clapped off when he was taken off. Don't make it something it isn't

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just pointing it out . I expect nothing more from some on here

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

A shocking knee high challenge with the ball long gone. Surely nobody would say that Puncheon was making a legitimate challenge for the ball?

IMO he was trying to take out the best player in the PL who I really enjoy watching. I am delighted that Puncheon was the player injured and out for the season and not the ultra talented, thoroughly entertaining KDB
I don't think anyone's claiming that this was a legitimate challenge, but I am one who doesn't revel in the fact that he may have a career threatening injury. Delighted that KDB was not seriously injured, fortuitously, but can't see why some appear happy that Puncheon (and Dann whose challenge was relatively innocuous ) are so seriously hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here