Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon: Crystal Palace duo out for rest of season

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not bothered that they happen to be Palace players.
Both tried to deliberately injure another player.
Unacceptable.

Injured themselves in the process and out for the season?
Karma.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I am glad you stayed out of it. I too will stay out but will post if I have a point to score ..sorry make.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Personally, I think the high tackle was completely unneeded. If he wanted to take one for the team why not go lower or clip his ankles? Instead he tried to severely injure him

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not bothered that they happen to be Palace players.
Both tried to deliberately injure another player.
Unacceptable.

Injured themselves in the process and out for the season?
Karma.

Both deliberately fouled an opposition player, But carry on talking bollox about injuries if it suits.

Neither of them are dirty players, Puncheon's tackle wasn't the best that's for sure but I don't believe either is the type to deliberately injure a fellow pro. What would puncheon get out of injuring KdB is the dying seconds of the game?

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think the reaction to Glenn Murray sums up the two sets of fans.
Muzza returns to Brighton as a Palace player, and is booed from the first minute to the last.
Muzza returns to Palace as a Bournemouth player, and the fans cheer his name when the teams are read out ( he was on the bench) and he was clapped every time he warmed up .
Muzza returns to Brighton, and we played against him at the Amex, we cheer and sing his name. He appreciates the sentiments, and walks over to the Palace fans at the end, and applauds.
I won't mention the play off match as it's been done to death, but Muzza knows.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Muzza returns to Brighton as a Palace player, and is booed from first minute to the last.
Muzza returns to Palace as a Bournemouth player, and the fans cheer his name when the teams are read out ( he was on the bench) and he was clapped every time he warmed up .
Muzza returns to Brighton, and we played against him at the Amex, we cheer and sing his name. He appreciates the sentiments, and walks over to the Palace fans at the end, and applauds.

You lot are top chaps :bowdown::bowdown::clap2: WELL DONE YOU.

Anyone mention keeping your own ticketed fans locked out by smashing up your own steward?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Muzza returns to Brighton as a Palace player, and is booed from the first minute to the last.

We don't give a f#ck what you think. You are Palace scum and so are those two dirty muppets. So pleased they are out for the season.:rave:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

thats football for ya, we are all a bit fickle, Murray going to you lot was like you missus cheating away with your mate but we'll forgive him, he made the right decision in the end

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Both deliberately fouled an opposition player, But carry on talking bollox about injuries if it suits.

Neither of them are dirty players, Puncheon's tackle wasn't the best that's for sure but I don't believe either is the type to deliberately injure a fellow pro. What would puncheon get out of injuring KdB is the dying seconds of the game?

Do you think Puncheon deserved a red and if not why not?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

I think the difference here is that Murray turned down a contract offer (albeit a poor one!) to sign for Palace.
Whereas he left you lot to go to Bournemouth because he was not wanted and then returned to us.
I don't think you lot would have been so charitable had he gone directly from you to us.

In terms of the challenges I don't think Dann's was that bad and was stopping an attack as many defenders do - taking one for the team as such.
Think Puncheon's was a really poor challenge though and whilst I have no idea if he was deliberately trying to injure KDB it was reckless at best and KDB was lucky to escape unhurt.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the difference here is that Murray turned down a contract offer (albeit a poor one!) to sign for Palace.
Whereas he left you lot to go to Bournemouth because he was not wanted and then returned to us.
I don't think you lot would have been so charitable had he gone directly from you to us.

In terms of the challenges I don't think Dann's was that bad and was stopping an attack as many defenders do - taking one for the team as such.
Think Puncheon's was a really poor challenge though and whilst I have no idea if he was deliberately trying to injure KDB it was reckless at best and KDB was lucky to escape unhurt.

Summed up nicely

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Dann's tackle deserved a yellow, Puncheon's should have been a red.
I don't think either tackle was a deliberate attempt to end De Bruyne's career, the first was cynical, the second was a badly timed cynical tackle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dann's tackle deserved a yellow, Puncheon's should have been a red.
I don't think either tackle was a deliberate attempt to end De Bruyne's career, the first was cynical, the second was a badly timed cynical tackle.

Blimey..i agree ... :moo:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I will be in the minority. I dont think the challenges whilst bad were intended to be career ending challenges. Whilst I am happy of course to see Palaces team weaker I wouldnt wish long term injury on any player. Karma will be if they go down because of it nothing more to me
I’d love it if one of our players cynically fouled the opposition’s best players and put them out of the game. I’d be standing up and applauding. Bravo. I appreciate a good bit of skill (if it’s not against us) but my overriding motive are those three points and winning them by any means.

I watch thugs like Harry Arter kicking lumps out of Knockaert and wish we had a player capable of the same.

The beautiful game.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here