Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next six games

How many points will be get from the next 6 games?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 2.4%

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 7 4.2%

Votes: 16 9.6%

Votes: 20 12.0%

Votes: 21 12.7%

Votes: 39 23.5%

Votes: 19 11.4%

Votes: 15 9.0%

Votes: 8 4.8%

Votes: 3 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

at15155

Jan 5, 2017
We have a big test coming up. Only 8 teams are below us in the Premier League currently but in the next 6 games, we play 5 of them. The fixtures go:

13/01/18 West Brom - Away
20/01/18 Chelsea - Home
31/01/18 Southampton - Away (Midweek - Wednesday)
03/02/18 West Ham - Home
10/02/18 Stoke - Away
24/02/18 Swansea - Home

Following these, we have a tough run of Arsenal, Everton, Man City but then have winnable games with Leicester (H), Huddersfield (H) and Palace (A). It is by this point that we need to be safe as we then face Spurs, *Burnley*, Man United and Liverpool.

So if we win 5 out of those 6 games, excluding Chelsea, we will be on 38 points and virtually safe. This, however, is unrealistic, I'd like to take 15 points but I think a target for the team should be 10? Win the home games, snatch an away win and draw 2? Even saying that sounds tough but this is a tough league. This would still mean we need a couple wins out of the next few, probably starting from Leicester home to ensure safety.

10 is a good return in my opinion but what do you guys think we need? And what do you think we will realistically get?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We have a big test coming up. Only 8 teams are below us in the Premier League currently but in the next 6 games, we play 5 of them. The fixtures go:

13/01/18 West Brom - Away
20/01/18 Chelsea - Home
31/01/18 Southampton - Away (Midweek - Wednesday)
03/02/18 West Ham - Home
10/02/18 Stoke - Away
24/02/18 Swansea - Home

Following these, we have a tough run of Arsenal, Everton, Man City but then have winnable games with Leicester (H), Huddersfield (H) and Palace (A). It is by this point that we need to be safe as we then face Spurs, *Burnley*, Man United and Liverpool.

So if we win 5 out of those 6 games, excluding Chelsea, we will be on 38 points and virtually safe. This, however, is unrealistic, I'd like to take 15 points but I think a target for the team should be 10? Win the home games, snatch an away win and draw 2? Even saying that sounds tough but this is a tough league. This would still mean we need a couple wins out of the next few, probably starting from Leicester home to ensure safety.

10 is a good return in my opinion but what do you guys think we need? And what do you think we will realistically get?

10pts minimum

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
10 points is the ABSOLUTE minimum from that run, if we don't get 10 points from that run - we're in serious trouble, knowing what's around the corner. I think we've got the quality to pick up the points, but we have to get it done. We're not winning games at the moment so to win 3 and pick up a draw is asking a fair amount - but if we want to stay up, we have to start winning. I believe!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
9 for me, win the homes except Chelsea and draw the always, although all those always are games we could win if we perform as we have been at home.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Based on a combination of optimism and current form, I think we'll end up with 2 wins, 3 draws and a defeat.

If a new striker comes in and turns 1 or 2 of those draws into wins, it should be enough to guarantee survival at the very least.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Highlights why we need a striker early in the window.
They don't have to score a hat full. If we bring in someone like Andone or Dembele I think it will give the rest of the team a boost and hopefully they'll be more relaxed and start fulfilling their own potential to score goals..
Leave that purchase too late and key games will have drifted by and we can be sucked in to the bottom three battle by other sides getting one good result.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
6 points based on our current squad.West Brom,Stoke and Swansea games are massive.6 pointers.A chance for us to damage relegation favourites.West Ham are on the up and Southampton will be ok I think.

We need to get this done before the final 4 games of the season.Hopefully by then Liverpool,Spurs and Utd will not gain much by beating us.Certainly none have a sniff at the league so hopefully by then CL spots will be more or less sorted so less incentive to go for us.Also players not wanting to get injured for the world cup.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An optimistic 10.

13/01/18 West Brom - Away - DRAW
20/01/18 Chelsea - Home - LOSE
31/01/18 Southampton - Away - WIN
03/02/18 West Ham - Home - WIN
10/02/18 Stoke - Away - LOSE
24/02/18 Swansea - Home - WIN

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
8 points, because that's what the tracker says.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I’d love to be proved wrong but talk of ten points or more is dreaming. We’ve won one of our last 11 so why would we now be likely to reel off three or four wins in quick succession?

More realistically, I think we need to take seven points from that run to still be in with a chance. That would put us on 30 points after 28 games and would leave us needing two more wins from Leicester, Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley (or a shock one against the big six). Anyone who thinks we are going to be heading up towards 35 points by the end of February and virtually safe is in for disappointment I fear.

Spot on I'm afraid.

I think 5 or 6 from those, 7 would be brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here