Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next six games

How many points will be get from the next 6 games?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 2.4%

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 7 4.2%

Votes: 16 9.6%

Votes: 20 12.0%

Votes: 21 12.7%

Votes: 39 23.5%

Votes: 19 11.4%

Votes: 15 9.0%

Votes: 8 4.8%

Votes: 3 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WE need 9 pts to get 37 pts at the end of the season. And 37 pts might not be enough?!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like many others, I'm hoping for a nice shiny new striker. Early in the window would be nice, but if we have to wait until deadline day, the good thing is that there are only three league games in January - and one of those is Chelsea - so I'm not panicking. Soon would be nice, any time in January is OK. With luck I think we could get 7 or 8 points; so long as we keep exceeding (just) a point a game we should be alright.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
10 points is the ABSOLUTE minimum from that run, if we don't get 10 points from that run - we're in serious trouble, knowing what's around the corner. I think we've got the quality to pick up the points, but we have to get it done. We're not winning games at the moment so to win 3 and pick up a draw is asking a fair amount - but if we want to stay up, we have to start winning. I believe!

I agree, this is what we need if we are to stand any serious chance of staying up with te fixtures that follow.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona

Win against West Brom, Swansea and West Ham, lose against Chelsea and Stoke, away Draw with S’hampton

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Wins against Swansea and West Brom are the key, and avoiding defeat to one of Stoke or Southampton. Seven points should be sufficient to keep the bottom two well behind us as I don't think they are going to turn around their seasons. Still trying to work out who the third for the drop is.

Of course, nine points would be fantastic.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
West Brom - Away - 3pts
Chelsea - Home - 0pts
Southampton - Away - 1pt
West Ham - Home - 3pts
Stoke - Away - 1pt
Swansea - Home - 3pts

That's my ideal scenario anyway.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
We have a big test coming up. Only 8 teams are below us in the Premier League currently but in the next 6 games, we play 5 of them. The fixtures go:

13/01/18 West Brom - Away
20/01/18 Chelsea - Home
31/01/18 Southampton - Away (Midweek - Wednesday)
03/02/18 West Ham - Home
10/02/18 Stoke - Away
24/02/18 Swansea - Home

As you say, 5 of these are currently beneath us on the table (West Ham with a game in hand, but it's vs Tottenham so they should stay below). For me, that makes these games probably the key sequence for staying up. At a very minimum we need to deny points to those beneath us, and I think we realistically need to take a win from at least three of those beneath us. So for me, target is 11 points. 15 would be ideal - banking points against those beneath us and building a bigger buffer zone for when we hit the difficult run.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Nine points needed from that, though we will probably get about 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
10 points is the ABSOLUTE minimum from that run, if we don't get 10 points from that run - we're in serious trouble, knowing what's around the corner. I think we've got the quality to pick up the points, but we have to get it done. We're not winning games at the moment so to win 3 and pick up a draw is asking a fair amount - but if we want to stay up, we have to start winning. I believe!

I think that is over egging it. We still have 10 games left after that, including home games against Leicester and Huddersfield. 10 points would put us on 33, so you're assuming we'll get less than 6 or so points from our last 10 matches.

I'd say 7 as a minimum, gets us to 30 points with 10 to play. Get anything above 7pts and I think we're in good shape, even 5 or 6 gives us a decent chance still. Get 10 (I actually put 11 as I think we'll do okay) on 33 points with 10 to play we will be still well clear of the drop zone, and we might even be able to sit back and enjoy the games!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
13 points I reckon. Lose to Chelsea and no score draw at St Marys.

We'll win the rest, regardless of whether we get in a striker or not.

Performances are slowly and steadily improving and that will soon start to tellin the results.

Mark my words.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
West Brom have to win next week, all the pressure is on them.

A point is not a bad result

The 4 after the Chelsea game are the ones wins are needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here