Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trevor Sinclair

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sinclair called the officer a "white..." followed by a swear word as the van doors slammed, and he made further racist comments while in the back of the van and continued to be "obnoxious, aggressive and racist while being booked in", he said.

https://news.sky.com/story/trevor-s...iving-and-racially-abusing-policeman-11193003

In the news link Sinclair goes on to blame someone being racist to him earlier in the evening. Tw@t has only got himself to blame for the drink driving though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've no problems with throwing the book at him for drink driving but what would be nice would be if the apology for the racist abuse is taken for what it is and that anti-racist groups and people on social media recognise this when similar drunken racist rants occur in future from whichever colour person spouts it.

Too many people are getting metaphorically crucified in the court of public opinion and losing everything because of momentary lapses. Race relations would be improved immeasurably if we could all be a bit more accepting of a contrite apology and promise never to be such a prat in future.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I've no problems with throwing the book at him for drink driving but what would be nice would be if the apology for the racist abuse is taken for what it is and that anti-racist groups and people on social media recognise this when similar drunken racist rants occur in future from whichever colour person spouts it.

Too many people are getting metaphorically crucified in the court of public opinion and losing everything because of momentary lapses. Race relations would be improved immeasurably if we could all be a bit more accepting of a contrite apology and promise never to be such a prat in future.

This is spot on for me.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Could not agree more, but, sadly, as we both know, racist abuse will usually only ever be taken really seriously if a white person is found to be the guilty party.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Could not agree more, but, sadly, as we both know, racist abuse will usually only ever be taken really seriously if a white person is found to be the guilty party.

Has it not been taken seriously in this case though ? Lost his job, removed as patron from Kick It Out, 150 hours community service & 20 month driving ban?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think the whole country knowing that you pissed your own pants as a 44 year old drunk is as bad a punishment as there can be

Indeed. He was only twice over the limit though, which isn’t that many beers, so he is either incontenant or a clonpletd and utter k**b

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Has it not been taken seriously in this case though ? Lost his job, removed as patron from Kick It Out, 150 hours community service & 20 month driving ban?

Yes, you are right in that in this case it would seem so. I was talking in general terms, as I am sure that you realised. However, of the "four punishments" how many were for the "racial bit" as opposed to the "driving bit"? Obviously losing his role as a patron of Kick It Out would seem to be so, but one might argue that, if this is the only punishment, then that is not a real one, since he clearly doesn't take it that seriously anyway as is evidenced by his outburst. Yes alcohol might well have been a factor, and he might not have meant to say it, but he surely must have thought it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Still scorer of one of my fave goals of all time

Indeed. A long-distance bicycle effort from Mr. Sinclair.

He'll need to produce more of that sort of thing now he's banned from driving...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here