Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which 3 teams are going down rather than us?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They're only 2 points above us, only 5 points above the drop zone. They've just lost 7 of their last 9 games picking up just 4 points. If they repeat that form they'll be in the mix big time.

You might be right but I just don’t think it will happen. Only one team in the last 30 (10 years) have been relegated after having more than 23 points after 22 games. That’s about 3% and I think that’s about right for their probability of going down. Btw I really hope I am wrong and you’re right

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stoke will pick up when Hughes goes

Swansea will rally as got out of a bigger hole last year.

WBA look doomed but this changes every few weeks.

Fear for us at the moment.

Sorry

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3 from 10

ww.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

Did the calculator and we will have to do better as I have us going down on 36 pts with Southampton and Swansea, whereas 37 pts would have kept us up.

Got us as a 1-1 draw at WBA when a victory is needed to make up for drawing with Bournemouth. Everton are not safe yet.

37Games.JPG

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
West Ham
West Brom
Swansea

Don't expect Hughes to last much longer at Stoke, and can see them having a bump in form once he's gone and they've got someone else in.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Did the calculator and we will have to do better as I have us going down on 36 pts with Southampton and Swansea, whereas 37 pts would have kept us up.

Got us as a 1-1 draw at WBA when a victory is needed to make up for drawing with Bournemouth. Everton are not safe yet.

View attachment 92515

How do we get 37 pts?

Get a point last day of the season :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stoke will pick up when Hughes goes

Swansea will rally as got out of a bigger hole last year.

WBA look doomed but this changes every few weeks.

Fear for us at the moment.

Sorry

Why wouldn't anyone be worried for us? We are in the Premier League battling for safety. Did anyone seriously have any illusions that after 22 games we'd be sitting around waiting for the next game feeling safe and looking at European places!? Of course its in the balance, got to start having a bit of backbone about it though.

Blimey, we have 23 points on the board, 7 more than Swansea and West Brom, requiring a complete collapse in our form, which is yet to happen this season as we've consistently picked up points, and hell of a recovery from both those two. Our biggest worry is the 3rd spot, as we're all within 5 points from Stoke to Watford, 9 teams with any kind of slip will find themselves sucked down there.

Not sure why you fear for us anymore than the other 11 sides that realistically could go down. Got to have a bit of faith in the side. Sorry.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You might be right but I just don’t think it will happen. Only one team in the last 30 (10 years) have been relegated after having more than 23 points after 22 games. That’s about 3% and I think that’s about right for their probability of going down. Btw I really hope I am wrong and you’re right

We're statistically safe then!?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Well by the end of february we will have played virtually everyone below us twice except palace. By March 1st we really need to be at least 12 points clear of 18th because it will take a miracle to pick up any points from the last 4 games (liverpool / ,man u / burnley / tottenham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well by the end of february we will have played virtually everyone below us twice except palace. By March 1st we really need to be at least 12 points clear of 18th because it will take a miracle to pick up any points from the last 4 games (liverpool / ,man u / burnley / tottenham
Huddersfield have a very tricky last 4 fixtures as well, so you never can tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here