Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which 3 teams are going down rather than us?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly in the spirit of your posts all season long, however

You obviously cherry pick them then, although our failures in signing the quality of strikers I think we should sign is certainly my bete noire.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will be one of them if we fail to land a striker with pace and an eye for goal. Not in the spirit of the thread but hey ho.
The very definition of a bed wetter. :lolol:

Yes, lack of firepower is our weak link, but all the other 12 or 13 teams have weak links too, and we are right in the middle of them. There's no reason to suggest we will go down any more than anyone else. Personally, I'll go for Swansea and West Brom (simply because they both have a poor manager, and their are in the worst positions to attract new talent this month). After that, it really could be any other of 10 teams. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Watford collapse and end up in big trouble.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Swansea, West Brom, Watford - in that order.

Watford really are rubbish, I can see them dropping like a stone ala Palace last season. They might be able to coast through, but hopefully not. I think we're in trouble and badly need a striker who makes an immediate impact, otherwise we'll be this season's Boro, decent side but not enough goals or wins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect the 3 teams that will go down will be:-

Stoke
West Ham
West Brom

Swansea will begin to climb out of the zone with their new manager.
Crystal Palace will stutter in the new year, but will just stay up.

This thread needs a poll. Oh, hang on.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You obviously cherry pick them then, although our failures in signing the quality of strikers I think we should sign is certainly my bete noire.

I'm with you on that

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We will be one of them if we fail to land a striker with pace and an eye for goal. Not in the spirit of the thread but hey ho.

Quoted wrong post above. Suppose to be this one.

Couldn't give a monkeys what others say but i'm with you on this. Don't land a striker and i believe we will occupy 18th spot

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Boro got 28 points last season. I don’t think we should be compared with them.

Really, after playing 22 games they were W4 D8 L10 gf18 ga25 pts20

They basically collapsed and got just 8 points from 16 games. At 22 games played they were 4 points above the drop zone looking okay-ish. Given they'd actually scored more goals than us to this point and conceded less, I'd say the comparison was more than valid.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The only one I would place money on is Swansea, then Ew on WBA
3rd loser dunno
Wont be Palace though, they are too good to go down as much as it pains me to say

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Still don’t agree with Boro comparison. They had Karanka cracking up and then sacked. I am confident we will get to mid 30’s at least points wise. Have seen nothing that would suggest a collapse in the second half of the season. Doesn’t mean we will stay up but we will give it a proper go.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Still don’t agree with Boro comparison. They had Karanka cracking up and then sacked. I am confident we will get to mid 30’s at least points wise. Have seen nothing that would suggest a collapse in the second half of the season. Doesn’t mean we will stay up but we will give it a proper go.

Agree - but don't forget INJURIES. We have been pretty lucky so far.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't see us winning many more although we'll carry on getting a fair few draws which are pretty useless to be fair.
West Brom,stoke and us sadly but will go to the wire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here