Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So how much will it take to land Dembele?...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have punched yourself in the eye with that statement. Van Wolfswinkel came with stats behind him and couldn't adapt to a different system to the one played by Sporting Lisbon

Leon Best was a January Loanee by a relegation threatened side and I doubt you would have had ''pick of litter'' when you sit around the relegation zone.

I agree that he was let down by those but his reputation rests on the players that he signs for whatever reason if they fail.

Just a point do Spurs have a youngster waiting in the wings to get the chance if and when Kane goes to Spain.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
IMO Brighton can’t afford to wait until the end of January to sign a striker, if reports are true and CH has asked Dembellend if he wants to sign for us then I can tell you now he ain’t gonna sign anytime soon. Celtic are off to Dubai for warm weather training and you can bet your life his toerag Agent has told him to sit tight until They return. I would rather take Andone at a lesser fee and get him adjusted to our style of play pretty sharpish!

Or play it safe. And get both. :shrug:

at15155

Jan 5, 2017
Can we please not forget we were a signature away from spending £23million on Vincent Janssen from Tottenham on deadline day. I would much rather spend up to £25-£27million on Dembele, I think we need to make this one happen because a fast, six foot, strong striker that can finish is exactly what we need. He'll be able to run in behind defences and also hold up play, like Murray, to link up with Groß.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Got to be around £25m for Dembele and while we're up that way I wouldn't mind us parting with a bit of cash for Alfredo Morelos from Rangers as well, Both young, both got pace and both got an eye for goal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sounds like his agent wants to get the best price, so it will get strung out to the end of the transfer window, when we will miss out, and NSC will all want to know why we didn't get this done earlier?

Yes, we all know what his agent wants! Surely the way to counter this is to make the offer timebound - sign on the dotted line by, say, the 10th. of January or there simply won't be any offer on the table (unless another club comes in with a bid Celtic are willing to accept, which may not happen). Take it (now) or leave it.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yes, we all know what his agent wants! Surely the way to counter this is to make the offer timebound - sign on the dotted line by, say, the 10th. of January or there simply won't be any offer on the table (unless another club comes in with a bid Celtic are willing to accept, which may not happen). Take it (now) or leave it.

I would go a step further. We need to realise that pretty much whatever we spend will be worthwhile if it keeps us up. If the powers that be think he is the man to do it then put an offer in the table that they can’t turn down and one that’s unlikely to be beaten by any other suitors. Then give them 2 or 3 days to decide. They will quickly realise that it would make sense for them to do the deal now as it probably won’t be bettered. Ok we may have to pay over the odds but the alternative is to not get a good enough striker in and get relegated as a result. That would be even more expensive financially

why haven't we simply got this sorted prior to the window opening so we can just sign the paper work and we done with it. We've known since August that we need a striker. The ground work should have been completed./

Probably because we are hoping to pick up a loan striker from one of the big clubs. No doubt ManC/Manu/Sprus etc all have 15m strikers currently not able to get regular football due to the form of their front men...

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Probably because we are hoping to pick up a loan striker from one of the big clubs. No doubt ManC/Manu/Sprus etc all have 15m strikers currently not able to get regular football due to the form of their front men...

City don't really ave strikers apart from Aguero and Jesus. Man Utd have Lukaku and Zlatan and then Rashford/Martial. Spurs have Kane and Llorente. Other than that, they don't actually have many other options.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
City don't really ave strikers apart from Aguero and Jesus. Man Utd have Lukaku and Zlatan and then Rashford/Martial. Spurs have Kane and Llorente. Other than that, they don't actually have many other options.

Spurs have Son, a player I personally rate quite highly. Still not enough amongst them to be sending any quality our way. It’s quite a trend at the moment isn’t it, Liverpool have two out and out strikers in Ings and Sturridge, Arsenal have Lacazette and Giroud, Chelsea have Morata and Batshuyai (sp?). It’s all about the mobile free scoring midfielders, something they all have a wealth of.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I came across an article today that finished with:

Brighton are keen on securing the striker as they look to preserve their Premier League status this season, however they will only move for the Frenchman if he actually wants to join their side.

It will be interesting to see if Dembele does decide to move to Brighton, especially as he may not be assured of regular first team action at the Premier League club.

He will have a good chance of earning regular game time and playing in the Europa League should he remain at Celtic.

:lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8265874 said:
I came across an article today that finished with:

Brighton are keen on securing the striker as they look to preserve their Premier League status this season, however they will only move for the Frenchman if he actually wants to join their side.

It will be interesting to see if Dembele does decide to move to Brighton, especially as he may not be assured of regular first team action at the Premier League club.

He will have a good chance of earning regular game time and playing in the Europa League should he remain at Celtic.

:lolol:

Well if it was me, I'd rather wait my turn in PL, than play in some godforsaken back yard in the Europa cup.
Probably Siberian Mining FC, for instance :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well if it was me, I'd rather wait my turn in PL, than play in some godforsaken back yard in the Europa cup.
Probably Siberian Mining FC, for instance :lolol:

Celtic play Zenit St Petersburg in the next round, I doubt their European adventure will be lasting beyond Feb 22nd. I'm not sure the lure of a trip to Russia to play in temps averaging -6 is enough to convince anyone to stay at Celtic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why are Lyon desperate to unload him (according to Scottish Daily Record)?

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
If there is any truth in this absolutely ridiculous rumour, surely we’re talking £30m+?

He'd cost closer to £40 million and he's on £80,000 a week at Lyon.
Two goals and a strong performance against Man City in the CL will give his agent an excuse to push for a little more.
I think we're priced out of this deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here