Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What, no 'potential new STRIKER SPOTTED at the Amex' thread?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sign the little one for the Accadamy

I note that the little one, is named CASSIUS (Dwyer).

Which is nice. I'd quite like a CASSIUS, playing up front for the Albion.

He'd HAVE to just have 'CASSIUS' on his shirt, obviously.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The little kid's Mum is also a US International Striker so sign the kid up and probably pass on Dad. Dad could be decent to train with us in the offseason but I can't see him being better than what we have already.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Sorry but what constitutes a home grown player? Yes I did search but it came up with the Best place to buy sausages?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
So "He wants to come back one day and show what he can do at the highest level"?
So this DD story has a very similar ring to it to the SS story a couple of seasons ago when Sidders was "Just visiting his old friend BZ."
And the rest, as they say, is history.
I'd give him a go, he sounds just like the kind of player we want and need.
Sign him up Uncle Tony. (cheap too by the looks of those figures quoted in The Telegraph).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’ve been banging on about Dwyer for years! Pacey, strong and tore up the MLS up a few seasons ago.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I note that the little one, is named CASSIUS (Dwyer).

Which is nice. I'd quite like a CASSIUS, playing up front for the Albion.

He'd HAVE to just have 'CASSIUS' on his shirt, obviously.

On that note, I disapprove strongly of people like Jordon Ibe having their first name only on their shirts. You either have to be CONTINENTAL, or extremely FLAIR, or BOTH (Bruno) to do that, surely. Bournemouth flop Jordon Ibe is neither.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On that note, I disapprove strongly of people like Jordon Ibe having their first name only on their shirts. You either have to be CONTINENTAL, or extremely FLAIR, or BOTH (Bruno) to do that, surely. Bournemouth flop Jordon Ibe is neither.
Is that the same Jordon Ibe who changed the course of the game when he came on after an hour against us back in September, or have they got a crap Jordon Ibe as well?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

I'm sure Bournemouth only do that so that his shirts cost more money - twice the price in the club shop to have "Jordon" over "Ibe" !!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
interesting that he 1) is a forward , 2) Plays for the US National Team so must be decent 3) Played in an "all stars" team against real madrid and scored...hmmm

Must I point out that the USMNT that he plays for did not make the World Cup after losing to Trinidad and Tobago. The CONCACAF is a piece of cake compared to the English National Team's path to the World Cup.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
The US MLS. League is a joke. Barely Championship quality for the most part.
I live in the US now, the US player development system is atrocious fraught with problems and substandard coaching.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Dele Alli has "Dele" for family reasons which is fair enough
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-allis-dad-desperate-plea-8811582

Jordon Ibe won't explain it, to journalists at least.
https://twitter.com/IbeJordon/status/906852719272583168

Liverpool have Virgil, M. Salah, Coutinho, "Emre Can", and "Alberto M" so its all over the place.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here