Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton v Palace - what do we want?

What result do you want tonight?

• Southampton win

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 89 67.4%
  • Palace Win

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Palace did look leggy fist half and I think they made a poor Saints team look average, the commentator mentioned there quick turn around after the City game but I think ours might have been quicker from Newcastle to the Bournemouth game and far more travelling, but then we kind of ran out of steam too.

Second half Palace were by far the better team, Southampton were lucky Zaha put that effort over the bar at the end.

Benteke? How long are they gonna persist with him? He's half the player he used to be, Sako is looking better though every time I see him.

Anyway enough of this Palace are crap and despite being years ahead of us on squad building are still below us in the table, there I feel better for that last sentence.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sakho
Milivojevic
Townsend
Van Aanholt
Schlupp
Cabaye
Reidewald

Palace can't stop spending, with huge wages to match (£81m and rising), hey presto, they compete and stay up season after season.

That is the nature of the beast.
You spent £40 mill in the summer, with presumably more spent this month. Your wage bill of £40 mill last year will be smashed, so there goes the Sky money .
Welcome to the PL.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Sorry it didn't work out how you wanted guys.....

See ya Monday!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry it didn't work out how you wanted guys.....

Errm, putting the rivalry aside it did...

I can't see Palace being involved in the relegation scrap, but I could see that Southampton might (note: not will).

As such, logic suggests I should want a Palace win, but as I could never, ever, ever, ever wish for that I'm going for the draw.

...and staying up is the aim for us, regardless of what you get up to.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Fair enough Herr Bozza. I also could never, ever, ever hope for a Seaweed win so we have a lot in common!

I was only responding to the results of the poll which was (as expected) something like 90% against a Palace win.

I would like to extend a cordial invitation to your good self to one of our local hostelries for a beer before either the FA Cup replay or the league game. What do you think? Beers are on me! PM if you are up for it. I would genuinely love to meet you...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is there anyone on here who seriously still thinks Palace could go down?!

Southampton on the other hand are in trouble. Snigger.

Indeed. I voted 'draw' as that meant a point went begging, but a Palace win was the next best thing. As you say Southampton look far, far more likely to go down than Palace, so it's good that one of our main relegation rivals got beat. It won't have pleased the 'Anyone but Palace' lot, but I think most can see the bigger picture.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would like to extend a cordial invitation to your good self to one of our local hostelries for a beer before either the FA Cup replay or the league game. What do you think? Beers are on me! PM if you are up for it. I would genuinely love to meet you...

Attachments

• e5a.png
    e5a.png
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 229

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Decent result for us lot. Looked knackered first half but a couple of subs and a formation switch and we were all over the Saints second half.

They didn't look great, Can't see their manager being there much longer. Their pitch is bloody awful as well.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Decent result for us lot. Looked knackered first half but a couple of subs and a formation switch and we were all over the Saints second half.

They didn't look great, Can't see their manager being there much longer. Their pitch is bloody awful as well.

:stupid:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Two poor teams first half, one poor team one average team second half.

The rain probably didn't help the pitch, they need to bin their manager. You'll stay up easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here