Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Inside No. 9 - New Series

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Watched the live episode last night on Iplayer as had no idea it was on at the weekend , what a fantastic program, glad I missed any spoilers totally had me fooled at 9 minutes in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched the live episode last night on Iplayer as had no idea it was on at the weekend , what a fantastic program, glad I missed any spoilers totally had me fooled at 9 minutes in.

Me too, to the point that I stopped watching :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Me too, to the point that I stopped watching :facepalm:

It was staggeringly brilliant watching live.

*SPOILERS*

Yes, maybe the second half didn't quite match up to first following the Quiet Night In re-run "reveal", but up to that point it was unsettling, unnerving, confusing and daring. Apparently it lost 300,000 viewers due to the "gremlins". What show in this day and age would be brave enough to deliberately risk viewers turning off or over? Incredible. Saying that, I wonder how many of this 300,000 (and more) have since watched it on iPlayer? Steve Pemberton posted a brilliant photo on Twitter last night saying he is safe, but Reese Sheersmith's final post remains his live tweet. Ghostwatch for the Twitter generation. I love all four of the LoG guys.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was staggeringly brilliant watching live.

*SPOILERS*

Yes, maybe the second half didn't quite match up to first following the Quiet Night In re-run "reveal", but up to that point it was unsettling, unnerving, confusing and daring. Apparently it lost 300,000 viewers due to the "gremlins". What show in this day and age would be brave enough to deliberately risk viewers turning off or over? Incredible. Saying that, I wonder how many of this 300,000 (and more) have since watched it on iPlayer? Steve Pemberton posted a brilliant photo on Twitter last night saying he is safe, but Reese Sheersmith's final post remains his live tweet. Ghostwatch for the Twitter generation. I love all four of the LoG guys.

Was great. The delays did get to the point of me thinking "maybe this is real, otherwise it's really ballsy", but glad I held on - when you heard the classical music going dischordant in A Quiet Night In - that was a breathtaking moment. Heard about lots switching off and I think that in itself in a genius move, as ridiculous as that might sound.

As other said, the ending wasn't that special but the whole set up was really, really well worked.

I also think the fake episode they were making looked absolutely dreadful, and I wonder if that was on purpose/knowing? Liked the sneaky nod to Black Mirror also, especially given this episode was probably the most BM-ish to date.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Was great. The delays did get to the point of me thinking "maybe this is real, otherwise it's really ballsy", but glad I held on - when you heard the classical music going dischordant in A Quiet Night In - that was a breathtaking moment. Heard about lots switching off and I think that in itself in a genius move, as ridiculous as that might sound.

As other said, the ending wasn't that special but the whole set up was really, really well worked.

I also think the fake episode they were making looked absolutely dreadful, and I wonder if that was on purpose/knowing? Liked the sneaky nod to Black Mirror also, especially given this episode was probably the most BM-ish to date.

Yep, the first continuity announcement I said to my wife that this was part of it, but the second one seemed to go on for ages, and then when A Quiet Night In started playing I was genuinely gutted for them. I only stuck with because I love that episode and hadn't seen it in a while.

You're right about the fake episode looking rubbish and 100% this was on purpose. The level of detail that has gone into this is nuts. The One Show interview, the fake haunted Granada Studios story planted in The Sun, the updated Wiki entries after the programme announcing Reese, Steve and Stephanie Cole's deaths, Reese's Twitter silence. Just incredible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol: did wonder if that would happened with anyone.

In my defence it was late last night and I probably shouldn't have started watching a programme that required more thought than I was able to give. :lol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just finished watching the first three series on Netflix and loved it, especially '12 Days of Christine' and 'A Quiet Night In'. Live special was good to. Completely missed out on this when it was on first time round, don't know why I didn't pick up on it more as I really like 'Psychoville' also.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just finished watching the first three series on Netflix and loved it, especially '12 Days of Christine' and 'A Quiet Night In'. Live special was good to. Completely missed out on this when it was on first time round, don't know why I didn't pick up on it more as I really like 'Psychoville' also.

Those two episodes are special. I don't cry easily, but the combination of Sheridan Smith's acting and the music towards the end of 12 Days of Christine got me the other day.

Great show, and one of the few both me and Mrs Mellotron enjoy equally. Which is nice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Those two episodes are special. I don't cry easily, but the combination of Sheridan Smith's acting and the music towards the end of 12 Days of Christine got me the other day.

Great show, and one of the few both me and Mrs Mellotron enjoy equally. Which is nice.

A Quiet Night In was simply the best in my view

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
That's it. You've all persuaded me. It's time to binge watch the lot of them (again).

Jul 7, 2003
:lolol: did wonder if that would happened with anyone.

Was watching with the Mrs and we were both tired. When A Quiet Night In started we switched off and didn't give it another thought until I saw the thread on here:facepalm:

Had to recover the recording from my Sky box to watch it properly although not quite the same as it would have been live.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Like most progs I'm slow on the uptake, so have only just started series 2! Just watched 'The 12 Days Of Christine' with Sheridan Smith, during my lunch break. Clever as you would expect from the writers, but blimey, it was so emotional at the end! It was as if someone stuck an onion under my eyes, definite bit of welling up going on!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Like most progs I'm slow on the uptake, so have only just started series 2! Just watched 'The 12 Days Of Christine' with Sheridan Smith, during my lunch break. Clever as you would expect from the writers, but blimey, it was so emotional at the end! It was as if someone stuck an onion under my eyes, definite bit of welling up going on!

Great innit?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
What is the name of the song at the end of the 12 days of Christine?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Must admit I did not like the first of the new series, too disjointed and convoluted. Zanzibar was one of the best shows and as referenced above, the 12 days Of Christine was an amazing half hour.

Jul 7, 2003
What is the name of the song at the end of the 12 days of Christine?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

According to Shazam it is Time To Day Goodbye (Con Te Partiro) by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here