Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for the cup game

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
IMO need to concentrate on the league this year so a weakened team for me, play a few who need game time Kayal & Schelotto but playing Stephens/Proper who looked f**ked would be madness. . Naming the subs might be more difficult

Krul
Schelotto
Goldson
Hunemeier
Bong

Molumby
Kayal
March
Rosenior

Brown
Hemed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We don't want a Europa League spot. With a smallish squad it would mean far too many games and our league performance would suffer.
Speak for yourself.
The more advanced thinking of us would appreciate the better quality of players we'd attract with the chance to play in Europe. If United had qualified through their league position in '83 we'd have been in Europe in '83-'84. Keeping more of our squad together - plus maybe attracting one or two more - and we would have had a better chance of bouncing straight back up (which we weren't a million miles away from anyway).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO need to concentrate on the league this year so a weakened team for me, play a few who need game time Kayal & Schelotto but playing Stephens/Proper who looked f**ked would be madness. . Naming the subs might be more difficult

Krul
Schelotto
Goldson
Hunemeier
Bong

Molumby
Kayal
March
Rosenior

Brown
Hemed

It is possible that Chelsea will not let Brown play so replace him with Baldock.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Seems like we are taking a punt on the next Tammy Abrahams:

"The 19-year-old was joint-top scorer at this summer's European U19 Championship, tied on three goals with England's Ben Brereton and Ryan Sessegnon, and Joel Piroe of the Netherlands."

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It is possible that Chelsea will not let Brown play so replace him with Baldock.

Unless they recall him from his (season-long) loan, it is NOT possible that they could prevent us playing him.

(and why on EARTH would they? :shrug: )

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Krul

Schelotto
Goldson
Uwe
Bong

March
Kayal
Molumby
Brown

Baldock
Hemed

Agree, I do think Baldock needs a run so has to start and good to see how that develops. Can't disagree with the other selections either. Will be interesting to see how Molumby steps up because been very impressed so far.

For a changed side that is pretty decent, shows we do have a strong squad in truth.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what happened to the irish bloke, is he still here?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’d like to see a reasonably strong side as they will have had a weeks rest and we could do with a confidence boosting win. I’d go:

Krul

Schelotto
Duffy
Goldson
Suttner

Izquierdo
Propper
Kayal
Knockaert

Baldock
Hemed

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
£25 for a reserve match, joke.

Surely 5 loyalty points if you want to go to the last match against Liverpoool are worth £25 !.

To be fair, the price includes travel to/from The Amex, which is necessary due to the security needed for a game against Palace. I expect The "honest (knives and kuckle-dusters)" Sussex Constabulary will be pulling "all stops out" for this match to evidence thay are competent.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I’d like to see a reasonably strong side as they will have had a weeks rest and we could do with a confidence boosting win. I’d go:

Krul

Schelotto
Duffy
Goldson
Suttner

Izquierdo
Propper
Kayal
Knockaert

Baldock

Can we guarantee a "half srong" side aganst a Palace second string will produce a confidence boosting win? Don't forget Palace have had a 4 year start compared to us in putting together a strong 25 man squad

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Experimental XI.

---------------------------- Krul ----------------------------
------------ Goldson --- Duffy --- Dunk ---------------
Schelotto - Stephens - Pröpper - Kayal - Suttner
---------------- Iziquierdo* --- Hemed**----------------

* Or Baldock
** Or new signing, obv

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A Europa spot awaits the winners (and probably the runners up - we were out of luck with that in '83), and we aren't going to experience Europe through league positions).

The FA Cup runners up haven't been able to qualify for the Europa League since the 2014-15 season.

Aston Villa lost to Arsenal in the 14-15 FA Cup final and as Arsenal had already qualified for the Champions League the Europa League spot went to the Southampton as the highest finishing Premier League Club not already qualified for Europe.

Southampton again benefited when Man Utd beat Palace in the 15-16 FA Cup final by getting the spot that would have previously gone to the FA Cup runners up.

Back on topic

I'd go with a proper 4-4-2.

Krul
Rosenior
BFG
Goldson
Bong
Knockaert (or Schlotto if fit)
Molumby
Kayal
March
Hemed
Baldock.

Subs - Maenpaa, Dunk, Tilley, Jose, Murray, Bruno, Stephens

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Presumably we can include players who are not in our 25 for the Prem?

If so I'd go with something like:
Krul
Rosenior
Hunemeir
Goldson
Bong/Suttner
Kayal
Molumby
March
Ahannach
Baldock
Hemed

Not sure I'd play Goldson and BFG. Bit risky if one of Dunk or Duffy gets injured / suspended / leaves. Not sure I'd risk Hemed either given our paucity of strikers. Love to see Balders play but it is bit odd that he was on the bench for a few and didnt get brought on (2-0 at Chelsea seemed the ideal time to give him a run out), and now he has gone missing from the bench again. Summats not right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here