Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Bournemouth (H)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 7.5
Schelotto 8
Suttner 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 5 - I think both of the DD partnership have been creaking for some time & could do with a rest, although probably not at the same time - initially
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7.5
Izquierdo 8.5 - absolutely everywhere MoM
Gross 8
Murray 6.5

Bruno 5
Brown n/a

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The anti Muzza tiny herd. He can do little right in their eyes.

Come off it Westander, even the most ardent Murray supporters would surely admit, that since Utd, and until today, he has been poor at best.

I actually think he escapes quite a bit of justified criticism in comparison to Bong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Ryan - 7 - a couple of really decent saves but I can’t help thinking his lack of dominance of his box is causing our weakness at defending corners
Schletto - 7 - some great moments of skill. Supported AK well on the overlap. Nearly gave away a needless penalty for a blatant shove in the back. MOTM?? You’re having a laugh
Suttner - 6 - okay defensively but poor deliveries on several occasions
Duffy - 7 - great ball to start the move for the first goal. Not as dominant as he can be
Dunk - 8 - superb again
Stephens - 6 - looked understandably knackered. Why didn’t hughton bring on Kayal?
Propper - 7 - amazing lung busting run into the box for izqerdo’s one on one. Loved the double foul too.
Izqerdo - 9 - brilliant, just brilliant. He terrified Bournemouth, got two assists and nearly got a third himself. It looked like his penultimate touch was a bit heavy, or he got a bobble. It happens. MOTM
Gros - 7 - typical Gros, covering every blade of grass again
Knockaert - 8 - superb today. Great finish for the goal, wanted the ball all the time and even roused the crowd
Murray - 7 - marked up for his goal. A decent centre forwards display but was running on empty. Why no Hemed?

Bruno - 6

Hughton -6 - got the team selection spot on, but fresh legs might have seen us home

I thought Dunk had an average game , plus Dunk and Duffy need to be winning the ball from corners more often , it’s becoming a big weakness, deserved a 6

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Come off it Westander, even the most ardent Murray supporters would surely admit, that since Utd, and until today, he has been poor at best.

I actually think he escapes quite a bit of justified criticism in comparison to Bong.

I’m with Westlander. Playing as a lone striker in this system with how deep we are most games would be an absolute nightmare. Yes, he’s not perfect, but none of our players are. The penalty miss a couple of games back aside, he’s performed about as well, if not substantially better, than anyone could have ever expected considering his role in the side. If people can’t appreciate what he gave the side today, then I’d seriously have to question their understanding of football and of where we are as a club in our development.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Come off it.

Murray gets so much stick. Even this week the deluded still zzzzz claiming on nsc that he cost us a result against Liverpool, whereas Hughton and the football world thought Liverpool outclassed us.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Dunk 4 , was terrible all his long field passes over hit and don’t get me started on that waste of a free kick in the dying minutes

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Some players have to take blame for goals conceded from set plays so marking Dunk Duffy and Ryan down 1
Ryan 6 Seemed to everything ok and distribution good.
Sutner 6 Defending ok but very poor crosses.
Dunk 7 Looked quality and Ibe and Wilson were a handful
Duffy 6 Don't care he is a centre half should be able to shoot better.
Schletto 6 First half defending poor.Makes some good runs but seems to be a bit brainless and runs out of ideas.
Propper 7 Fair game. Did what we are asking and got forward more but didn't receive ball.
Stevens 6 Typical some good some bad game and why didn't he shoot in 2nd half
Gross 6 Fair game but on a couple of times why didn't he shoot.
Murray. 7 We know he is not an Ibe or a Wilson but in the role he has did well.
Izqerdo 8 His best game and far better then March, What he does best he did very well but for money paid would be nice if he could vary game and go on outside sometimes.
Knockhaert 6 Maybe a bit low but thought when we were 2.1 up and we had lots of space he didn't make himself available enough. Also there fullback waltzed passed him couple of times. We needed width but seemed to be hiding inside. Maybe knackered but if that's case March should have come on.
Bruno not on enough for marks but he is a real liability at set plays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 7 Some good moments
Schelotto 8 MOM says it all
Duffy 5 Not winning the ball enough from set pieces and commanding the box
Dunk 5 The same as Duffy perhaps that is why big clubs arent interested.
Suttner 6 Sound defensivly and offered himself going forward.
Knockaert 6 better than recent games
Stephens 7 very involved and contols our midfield
PropBfruno per 6.5 Good foil and assistant for Stephens
Iziquierdo 7.5 Good all round performance that with a little luck would have brought him 2 goals.
Gross 7 is the main supply for our forwards and does it very well,
Murray 7 Best game for some weeks and good to see him celebrate his goal.

Subs
Bruno and Brown neither on long enough to add anything to the team performance.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good game to watch if you were a neutral as plenty of action. We should have taken three points today. We need them from home games against teams below us in the table.

Ryan 7. Some good saves, but I too wonder if he is dominant enough in the box.
Schelotto 8. Clearly showed the doubters that he is a very good player. Very impressive.
Dunk 8. Good game, but shame about that wasted free kick at the end. Stupid.
Duffy 7. OK, but kind of agree with others on here that Goldson maybe deserves a run alongside Dunk.
Suttner 7. Apart from some poor crossing, a decent game. Good to have two quality left backs.
Stephens 7. His improvement on the passing front continues. He has finally learned to pass to his team-mates instead of the opposition. Played well, but would like to see more forward momentum from him.
Propper 7. Bullied off the ball a couple of times in dangerous situations, but on the plus side some excellent passing.
Knockaert 8. His best game both going forward and defensively for a long time. Very well taken goal.
Izquierdo 8. At last he's showing why we signed him, but to be fair he's not had too many opportunities. Excellent going forward and in defence. Shame about the miss. Just shades MOM.
Gross 7. Another very good game.
Murray 7. Held the ball up well and won almost everything in the air. Well taken goal.

Subs:
Not on long enough to rate.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I thought Dunk was average at best today, he is slow to react at times, meaning he needs to charge around recklessly ... didn't get up with Cook for his header. I respect him as our home grown talent, but is just starting to look as though he needs to take another step up or risk becoming just another run of the mill centre half... I hope he does move up a gear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Good game to watch if you were a neutral as plenty of action. We should have taken three points today. We need them from home games against teams below us in the table.

Ryan 7. Some good saves, but I too wonder if he is dominant enough in the box.
Schelotto 8. Clearly showed the doubters that he is a very good player. Very impressive.
Dunk 8. Good game, but shame about that wasted free kick at the end. Stupid.
Duffy 7. OK, but kind of agree with others on here that Goldson maybe deserves a run alongside Dunk.
Suttner 7. Apart from some poor crossing, a decent game. Good to have two quality left backs.
Stephens 7. His improvement on the passing front continues. He has finally learned to pass to his team-mates instead of the opposition. Played well, but would like to see more forward momentum from him.
Propper 7. Bullied off the ball a couple of times in dangerous situations, but on the plus side some excellent passing.
Knockaert 8. His best game both going forward and defensively for a long time. Very well taken goal.
Izquierdo 8. At last he's showing why we signed him, but to be fair he's not had too many opportunities. Excellent going forward and in defence. Shame about the miss. Just shades MOM.
Gross 7. Another very good game.
Murray 7. Held the ball up well and won almost everything in the air. Well taken goal.

Subs:
Not on long enough to rate.

Pretty much spot on.. Except Schelotto 7 and Duffy 6..

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought Dunk was average at best today, he is slow to react at times, meaning he needs to charge around recklessly ... didn't get up with Cook for his header. I respect him as our home grown talent, but is just starting to look as though he needs to take another step up or risk becoming just another run of the mill centre half... I hope he does move up a gear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It was Duffy that didn’t get up for Cook’s header for his goal...

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 8
Schelotto 7
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Suttner 8 MOTM
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
Izquierdo 8
Groß 7
Murray 7

Bruno 5

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan 7
Schelotto 7
Suttner 7
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 5 - Muscled off the ball repeatedly, turned inside out, losing possession, misplaced passes.. can't believe he can somehow be seen as performing a 7 in most people eyes, baffling. Was obviously shattered.
Izquierdo 8(MotM)
Gross 8
Murray 7

Should have won, can't put a game to bed. Reminded me of the away game, at least a point this time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan 9 Brilliant performance, too easy to forget how many saves he made today. Crucial contribution.
Schelotto 6 Pure chaos, dreadful first half, good second but what's the fuss? What did he actually offer the team today?
Duffy 6 Didn't deserve to dislodge Goldson after the MOM performance, pinged some lovely passes but not at his best.
Dunk 6 Class act, but not right on top form right now and needs to take responsibility for the defensive shambles at corners.
Suttner 6 Not as good as he was against Watford but showed, again, why he should be in the team every game.
Stephens 6 Not adding enough going forward which is why we're struggling to create chances. Brilliant defensively though.
Pröpper 7 Got forward more, but still not enough. He needs to be affecting the game higher up the pitch, probably tactics restricting him.
Knockaert 8 Good performance, deserved his goal and much better contribution.
Gross 8 Some beautifully weighted passing and he was the key to our attacking performance as always.
Izquierdo 8 Two assists and should have scored our goal of the season having run from half way, disappointing finish.
Murray 7 Won his headers more often than not, scored a goal and wasn't offside so often. Solid.

No subs worth rating, frustrating performance but given how many shots they had on target, we could easily have lost it. We are a team with the handbrake on and that's ultimately what is most frustrating.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Ryan 8
Schelotto 7
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Suttner 8 MOTM
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Propper 7
Izquierdo 8
Groß 7
Murray 7

Bruno 5
Is that a wind up re your man of the match selection!

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
And feigned injury playing them onside when they scored their 2nd.

A little harsh about playing them onside. There was at least one, and maybe two defenders also playing them onside! (Suttner & Stephens?)

Murray.JPG

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
While I would agree Schelotto had his best game in an Albion shirt, anyone who gives him the same (or better) marks than Gross or Izquierdo needs to pop down the optician and have their mince pies checked out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m with Westlander. Playing as a lone striker in this system with how deep we are most games would be an absolute nightmare. Yes, he’s not perfect, but none of our players are. The penalty miss a couple of games back aside, he’s performed about as well, if not substantially better, than anyone could have ever expected considering his role in the side. If people can’t appreciate what he gave the side today, then I’d seriously have to question their understanding of football and of where we are as a club in our development.

He had up to Man Utd away, but was then poor. At this level it is unacceptable to be caught offside as frequently as he has been recently, in terms of questioning people’s understanding of football, this type of comment always irks me, as you have little knowledge of the level people may have played or coached at.

He did play okay today, but nothing more IMO, and to further reiterate my point about him drifting too wide today, apparently Hughton also got in his ear about it.

I do think you make a valid point regarding how deep we are, and the gap between The midfield and Gross and then Gross to Murray, but that makes it even more important to put in a shift for the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here