Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
So some people who have been Albion supporters for decades. Yet are now a little older and frailer, less able to stand in a queue for protracted periods or concerned about needing the toilet are scum because they leave a few minutes before the end so they can get home in comfort.

Seriously man.

Agree with this.

But that isn't the description of a lot of early leavers. The seats in front of me have different occupants for every game - so I assume they are just on general sale for every game.

The people in them yesterday arrived 5 minutes after the start of the game. Disappeared 5 minutes before half time. Arrived 5 minutes after half time (thus missing Murrays goal) and left on 83 minutes of what was a pretty exciting game.

Now THAT is annoying.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now THAT is annoying.......

I see that and raise you...

Family of 5 half a dozen seats down from us run a relay of going to the concourse.
Their record is 11 individual trips, obviously that's 22 'excuse me's', but just in case that's not bad enough, they ALL remained seated for halftime.

Now that's annoying.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I’m not against early leaving at all. It’s got to happen for a variety of reasons. But there’s a guy down the row from me who is always 5 minutes late in, always leaves at 37/38 for food and a drink, and never come back before the 50th minute. Then leaves around 80. Now THAT I don’t get. But each to their own.

I would think there are quite a few like that given how many you see walk off at 39.As I said earlier,leaving on 88 is one thing and there have been many posts on here complaining about early leavers.However whilst those early leavers have a decent excuse those leaving on 39 for a pint and coming back 50+ have zilch excuse.If they want to get bladdered then watch the game at a pub.

Have never seen a thread regards those missing chunks of the game for a drink at half time.Maybe I need to start one.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I wish the money included in match tickets for the train could also be used for coaches then I would always use Seagulls travel.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I wish the money included in match tickets for the train could also be used for coaches then I would always use Seagulls travel.

That would be good but I guess hundreds more would like that too and the problem then would be where to fit all the dozens of extra coaches into the coach park, that is even if you could source that many extra coaches at an economical rate.

Seagulls Travel is subsidised by the club to a point, but not much. I think it's £2 per return trip.

It is. ST tickets are subsidised by the club in the same way that train and bus tickets are but probably not to the same extent as you would still have to pay something even if you live within the travel area

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
It is. ST tickets are subsidised by the club in the same way that train and bus tickets are but probably not to the same extent as you would still have to pay something even if you live within the travel area

The price when I take my young son is £18.95 for both of us for ST so there is alot of difference between ST and the train.Take into account match tickets and some food,then add ST which I sometimes use and the price for one game is pretty high.

For our next game which is Chelsea I will probably pay ST because I am almost done with queuing at Falmer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I do enjoy it when people start trying to police how other people live their lives. So some people leave 5 minutes from the end, please outline 5 ways in which this in any way is your business.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I do enjoy it when people start trying to police how other people live their lives. So some people leave 5 minutes from the end, please outline 5 ways in which this in any way is your business.

Completely agree, it's my ticket, my seat, I've paid for it and should be able to use it as I see fit. I left at HT once as I had an appointment and was only able to watch half the game and travelled from Arundel to do so. Therefore me leaving at HT does that make me a very bad supporter or a very good supporter to travel for only half a game?

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Early leavers are one thing but that gives no-one any right to abuse them at the game.I've read on here some comments from idiots who have made comments to early leavers.Some of those same idiots are probably the pissheads who go for a pint at 39.

el punal

Completely agree, it's my ticket, my seat, I've paid for it and should be able to use it as I see fit. I left at HT once as I had an appointment and was only able to watch half the game and travelled from Arundel to do so. Therefore me leaving at HT does that make me a very bad supporter or a very good supporter to travel for only half a game?

That qualifies you for wearing a half and half scarf. Sorry! :D

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I get that it will never change, part of modern football. I've heard all the self righteous "I can do what I want" etc. Surely the point being missed is that as supporters we have a role to play. Football is tribal & I really miss that part where it was taken for granted that we would get behind the team, especially say when a game is at 2-2 & the players need pushing for that winner. Also, yesterday, with the KO time & day of the game, all the usual excuses were null & void. Just have to accept that there are people where queuing for anything is not an option; they MUST be away first.
I really hate it, but now resigned to the fact that nothing will ever change. Just wish they'd admit that their selfishness is killing the atmosphere.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

You know what you are,now do one,you're killing our club.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
The title 'Early Leavers' is to general.You should have been more specific with your title like I was in my extremely original thread.You should have called it' Early leavers on 88 when we are winning 2-0 against when we have a chance to win at 2-2 against leavers at 80 whatever the score is'.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
A half time beer is part of the matchday experience. Down to Barber to sort out and speed up the service to stop people having to miss match minutes.
Definitely this. Haven't had a half time beer in years!!

I'd even take more crappy Fosters bottle vendors!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I get that it will never change, part of modern football. I've heard all the self righteous "I can do what I want" etc. Surely the point being missed is that as supporters we have a role to play. Football is tribal & I really miss that part where it was taken for granted that we would get behind the team, especially say when a game is at 2-2 & the players need pushing for that winner. Also, yesterday, with the KO time & day of the game, all the usual excuses were null & void. Just have to accept that there are people where queuing for anything is not an option; they MUST be away first.
I really hate it, but now resigned to the fact that nothing will ever change. Just wish they'd admit that their selfishness is killing the atmosphere.
Are the early leavers the ones really adding to the atmosphere when they are there?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here