Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Hasn't this been done to death on the other 20 or so threads about it over the past 12 months ? If getting away from the stadium was a doddle it would be great if most stayed to applaud the players off. It isn't so some choose to leave early, up to them, thins it out for those of us who stay and have a beer or two after. Surely there's other things more worthy of getting worked up over on an internet forum ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hasn't this been done to death on the other 20 or so threads about it over the past 12 months ? If getting away from the stadium was a doddle it would be great if most stayed to applaud the players off. It isn't so some choose to leave early, up to them, thins it out for those of us who stay and have a beer or two after. Surely there's other things more worthy of getting worked up over on an internet forum ?

I'd say there have been at least 2 threads a month since we arrived at the Amex. It's got to be one of the most boring subjects on here.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Watched the Bournemouth game on the telly. Our support was rubbish after their 2nd goal, even the commentator was baffled how so many could leave early with the game on a knife edge. Could only hear Bournemouth for the final 10 minutes..........lame.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Watched the Bournemouth game on the telly. Our support was rubbish after their 2nd goal, even the commentator was baffled how so many could leave early with the game on a knife edge. Could only hear Bournemouth for the final 10 minutes..........lame.

Hangovers, people not wanting to queue for transport in the rain, family stuff to do, work the next day. These threads are so effing boring each to their own does any one really really give a monkeys? If so you are sad

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Queuing at Falmer to get the train after the match is one thing,but what makes it worse is that it's a crummy little village station next to a superb new stadium.The two don't match.As I said in an earlier post Brighton need to upgrade the station to make the queuing more bearable.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017

When Carroll scored for West Ham in the 94th minute the other night with the score at 1-1 there were masses of empty seats.I'm sure you would get that at most grounds.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm going to stick up for the early leavers as it is very important to be home by 6pm on a saturday night due to the amazing amount of quality evening TV on offer , if your very quick you can even see remnants of Final Score ! So you keep leaving early if you want to , it's up to you , god bless the queen .

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
When Carroll scored for West Ham in the 94th minute the other night with the score at 1-1 there were masses of empty seats.I'm sure you would get that at most grounds.

Sadly it appears that most clubs have their share of A holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If I actually lived in England I would go to the games and stay till the bitter end roaring the boys on. Leaving at 2-2 with the game still to play for is not support,

You mean you don’t come over from Tokyo yet you have the gall to judge others that go every game?

The balls on this guy.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Well done for getting to the game big man.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
You mean you don’t come over from Tokyo yet you have the gall to judge others that go every game?

The balls on this guy.

Yes. I'd love to be able to watch my home team every week again but i'm here and that is why I get so pissed off about it. If you call yourself a supporter and are fortunate enough to get to the games then ****ing support the team, otherwise you're just an 'attender'. It would seem like there are many thousands of those unfortunately, who leave when the team needs people getting behind them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I agree that we were quiet that game. But Bournemouth have to have had some of the quietest fans at the amex, particularly as there were a reasonable number of them. They made no noise whatsoever until they equalised and then went totally quiet again until they equalised late on. Premier league fans are awful.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yes. I'd love to be able to watch my home team every week again but i'm here and that is why I get so pissed off about it. If you call yourself a supporter and are fortunate enough to get to the games then ****ing support the team, otherwise you're just an 'attender'. It would seem like there are many thousands of those unfortunately, who leave when the team needs people getting behind them.

I can’t believe you actually took the bait. People are so sensitive these days. Still, better an “attender” that goes to every game than a key board warrior who doesn’t go to any.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can’t believe you actually took the bait. People are so sensitive these days. Still, better an “attender” that goes to every game than a key board warrior who doesn’t go to any.
The irony in the statement 'people are so sensitive these days' on a thread started by a sensitive poster who didn't like the way other fans were behaving.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If I actually lived in England I would go to the games and stay till the bitter end roaring the boys on. Leaving at 2-2 with the game still to play for is not support,

Someone has already answered that :) post #172
Easy to comment from the comfort of your arm chair.

I stayed to the end, but I can't be bothered worrying about others that want to disappear a few minutes before the final whistle, especially if some had seen enough after the comedy defending for Bournemouth's 2nd.

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The irony in the statement 'people are so sensitive these days' on a thread started by a sensitive poster who didn't like the way other fans were behaving.

I find a lot of our fans are becoming increasingly sensitive. Even the ones in Tokyo apparently.

Luckily for me I stay until the end now and sing. So that puts me at the top of the Uber fan rankings, which obviously, following NSCs rules, means I get to pass judgement on any non-Uber fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I find a lot of our fans are becoming increasingly sensitive. Even the ones in Tokyo apparently.

Luckily for me I stay until the end now and sing. So that puts me at the top of the Uber fan rankings, which obviously, following NSCs rules, means I get to pass judgement on any non-Uber fans.
I agree. People are always offended by something these days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here