Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo has to start every game now..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was absolutely superb today and should be starting every game. He offers far more going forward and defensively than March.

I think in time he could be a stand out premier league performer once he has more experience of the league and confidence. His pace and stamina are frightening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He was absolutely superb today and should be starting every game. He offers far more going forward and defensively than March.

I think in time he could be a stand out premier league performer once he has more experience of the league and confidence. His pace and stamina are frightening.

Absolutely this.

DavePage

I think it was actually an attempted shot for the first.....

No, sorry, he should have passed to Propper and not shot after that run. Propper was ahead of the keeper with a defender playing him onside. Izquierdo is a useful player but is prone to go glory hunting. If I was Hughton I would be having a word about that opportunity to put us two goals up.
Too bad we don’t have more of the so called ‘glory hunters"

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Considering Escobar and the Italian Stallion (via Argentina) have missed alot of games,and given their performances yesterday,you have to think what they are capable of if they have a good run.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He did though no matter how well he played. Should have squared it and then game dead. Instead ping pong in our area and we lose 2pts

whose to say Propper would have scored....Izquierdo had a blinding game and the more he plays the more likely he is to become aware of his team mates.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Little doubt about that. You could see they shat themselves every time he got the ball. 2 assists and should have scored. He was always positive, and after an early first half mix up with Suttner, I thought he covered very well too. Has to start away to West Brom.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Towards the end of the game, he ran back to defend by our goal line.
He tackled their player, got the ball and then dribbled around him and set off down the touchline at pace, forcing their player to foul him to prevent another counter attack.

brilliant stuff.

Glad that Sky gave him man of the match. God knows what the match sponsors were watching.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lot of talk about the assists and chance missed but thought his defensive work was also first class today and also his use of the ball when in possession was positive.

Looked a real player today and made me feel a lot better about our chances of scoring as was a threat all game. Linked well with Groß who has the vision and ability to pick out his runs

This.

some of the interplay between Groß, Izquierdo and Suttner was superb.
There was also one superb pass from Propper that released Izquierdo.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Set's up two goals.Has two great chances to score plus the long range shot.It's what we were all expecting when we signed him so now we need more of the same every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here