Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo has to start every game now..

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My MOM even having squandered chance when one on one with Keeper ...No one else would have been quick enough to get in that position.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Is that all you saw? Seriously?..

What do you mean? Had a very decent game but should’ve buried that chance.
Based on our performance today I can see us staying up with a couple of decent signings.

Can you read?

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Man of the match; defended well including making the tackle that set up the 2nd. Blame the inability of 3 defenders to kick the ball out of our box for dropping 2 points, not José for the ‘miss’.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Epic performance from Jose. Anyone saying he 'cost us' points needs to take themselves outside and have a word.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Every fibre of my body willed him to score that break from our own box - I didn't notice there was a pass on until the replay.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He got us the first goal, you can't win them all.
What? It wasn't selfish to shoot when 1 on 1 with the keeper, he just messed it up. Mistakes happen.

It really hurts to watch that over, but yes you are right.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Made one bad decision in an otherwise excellent performance.....would be great if our other wingers made fewer bad decisions......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hughton said he should have gone it alone on that miss and when everyone has watched it back on the box you’ll see the defender heading over to Propper and left it just so open for him. His last touch before the shot put him too close to the keeper.
He was good today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
42 chances in the game, apparently the most in any Prem game this season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Definitely my man of the match. Absolutely immense performance. I’ve been liking what I’ve seen from him for a while. He makes some great runs off the ball, too.

I think after his long run, the ball bobbled just a bit after his second last touch, meaning he didn’t connect properly when he shot. If he was going to pass to Propper, it would have needed to be much earlier in the run as it looked closed off to me by the time they got to the box.

This
He took one touch too many, and it was slightly heavy, or as you suggest, bobbled.
The square pass was cut off.
I think the extra touch may have been taken, because he was thinking of playing in Propper.

Fantastic performance from him.

Solly is going to have to wait for his next start.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although the disappointment in not winning was massive the big plus to me was the performances of José and Schelotto. That was our best team playing today imo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here