Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Propper didn't look where he was clearing it. Just hoofing it doesn't work at this level. Premier League players need to consider what they are doing with the ball in all areas of the pitch. It should have gone out into space for a throw.

We can’t even hoof it correctly that’s the problem, kids as young as five lean to “clear it” and hoof it out.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Listened to most of it on the radio, went for dinner at 2-1. To find out it ended 2-2 is frustrating as it sounded like we played marvellously and very attacking. 5 live spoke highly of us most of the match. Oh well, one more point closer to staying up!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I thought Bournemouth would come for the draw with the players they had out, have to say I was impressed that when they were level they still went for the win, I don’t think we would in the same position.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We can’t even hoof it correctly that’s the problem, kids as young as five lean to “clear it” and hoof it out.

We've been in the Premier League for half a season, give them a break. We are doing okay. A bit of luck will come our way and we'll get some points from scoring a goal like their equaliser.

As a point of order I think that young kids are encouraged to play it out from the back rather than clear it. Or is that just over here?

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Game was screaming for a Kayal for Propper change at 70mins.....Propper is silky with good vision but not tough enough.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Chris Hughtons tell, when being asked twice, if bringing in a striker is happening in Jan?
He looks down and away :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, great deal of luck involved in both their goals. They have had the rub of the green in their last few games.

I am not sure we have this season. I think we are due a bit of luck.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am as disappointed as the next Brighton supporter that we didn't close out a win but fans knocking Hughton for being too negative rattles my cage. To the half educated in football is it not obvious he is doing as well, if not better than expected with the players he has got at his disposal. I always thought Bournemouth's squad looks far better than Brightons. They now have Premier league experience and they are always going to be difficult to beat and usually play to win. If Hughton had better players he may compete better with a few of the teams we ' expect ' to beat.
Yes two points lost IMHO but teams don't come here to just lay down and submit. We just need to survive and build on this season like Bournemouth and Burnley have done. It will not happen in a season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So frustrating today, should have been three points their 2nd goal was comedic defending

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Izqueirdo maybe having a good game, but Knockys tracking back has been brilliant.
Knocky did well enough but he was knackered with 10 to go, I've no idea why he wasn't subbed for March. In the end he wasn't going forward or back.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Couple of new signings and we’ll be ok

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No loss, another point :thumbsup:
Not enough. We've only got 10 games left against sides outside the top 6, and only 4 of those at home. I'm not sure how we can get 17 points or so from that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here