Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That game was ****ing brilliant. Shame about the result but I was entertained.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
they had 27 shots on target to our 15.

2-2 is a decent result.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Good game from a neutral point of view - to be fair to Bournemouth they did bring the game to Brighton where Brighton looked good on the counter. Trouble with that was 2 questionable bits of defending negated what appeared to be the Brighton counter attacking tactics

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Draw seemed to be a fair result, they certainly came for the win. We need to win these ones when we are ahead, particularly take our chances when ahead. However, effort wise, we can't complain. We looked knackered at the end.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We always seem to prefer dinky passes out of crowded boxes rather than hoofing it as hard as we can up the field. I put it down to tactics and our players inability to kick the shit out of a ball up field.

This is down to Hughton, his tactics and not getting the players trained up to clear the ****ing ball effectively.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We always seem to prefer dinky passes out of crowded boxes rather than hoofing it as hard as we can up the field I put it down to tactics and our players inability to kick the shit out of a ball up field.

This is down to Hughton, his tactics and not getting the players trained up to clear the ****ing ball effectively.

Their second goal came from kicking the shit out of the ball and hitting one of their players.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Very good that it was 2-2 instead of 0-0. Brighton showed they could score today. It would have been miserable to lose that match 2-0 and squander those two goal opportunities.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just seen the bbc stats. There is no way I watched a different game from them again????? 27 shots for Boremuff???? Don't the beeb know, a forward pass is not classed as a shot for gods sake. These are not just the ramblings of someone wearing blue and white specs surely?? Anyway, good games for Izquierdo, Knockaert and Schelotto

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We always seem to prefer dinky passes out of crowded boxes rather than hoofing it as hard as we can up the field. I put it down to tactics and our players inability to kick the shit out of a ball up field.

if a pro needs training to clear the ball from their own area then they should be cleaning widows.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
2 dropped not good enough lots of clear chances for us two sitters missed, too many draws will cost us if this carries on.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
We don't have that big inspirational player to drag us winning to the final whistle.We don't have leaders.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Their second goal came from kicking the shit out of the ball and hitting one of their players.

Yeah the idea is too kick it into clear open space. Something our players are incapable of doing. They love to kick it into other players or fluff a pass gifting it straight back to the opposition. Happens too often with this playing group.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Unfortunately folk can't see that. They were as competitive as us and came for three points.
Agree, disappointingly they were able to carve open our midfield /defence quite easily and caused several heartstopping moments. Furthermore lots of clumsy free kicks needlessly conceded in dangerous spots . Lots of bright spots though. Iziquerdo's pace and aggression is exquisite.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yeah the idea is too kick it into clear open space. Something our players are incapable of doing. They love to kick it into other players or fluff a pass gifting it straight back to the opposition. Happens too often with this playing group.

Propper didn't look where he was clearing it. Just hoofing it doesn't work at this level. Premier League players need to consider what they are doing with the ball in all areas of the pitch. It should have gone out into space for a throw.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here