Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would be the greater managerial achievement? (2).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With apologies to Binney on Acid for watering down his thread, but . . .

Which of these is the greater managerial achievement? Chris finally getting the team promoted to the promised land of the Premier League last season, or, (if he achieves it), keeping them there this time around?

Both great achievements in my book, but which is the greater?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting us up, two seasons after inheriting a shitshow and one season after a desperate disappointment, out of an immensely challenging and difficult division, against teams with parachute payments etc.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Promotion means winning the majority of your games, staying up means not losing the majority so on that basis, I'm not really sure...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Promotion.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
With this squad available to him in its current state, keeping us above the dotted line would be the greater achievement

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Especially after Mr Bloom offering a public apology for not bringing a new striker in- he's done remarkably well this season so far.

1st few months relegation avoided, job done. 2nd season automatic promotion denied by goal difference when even most of us would have hoped for top six at best. Sensational.

3rd season getting automatic promotion after huge disappointment. Sensational.

To answer the OP I'm not sure.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Promotion. It was by far more interesting to watch and showed that he really can coach a team that can get out of their own half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here