Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha... cheat

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No chance whatsoever.

I'll also add that if that was Knockaert in the dying stages of the game tomorrow, 95%+ of Albion fans would say it was a penalty.
Bit of a Captain Obvious statement, no? If a player takes a tumble in the box in the 90th minute home fans will always claim it’s a penalty. That has absolutely nothing to do whether it was or not, which in the case of Zaha, it was a dive.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
But the ref saw it, thought it was a pen so no chance of a ban.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hopefully someone buys Zaha as to be honest, he's a decent player.....yep, he cheats, it sucks....but he is a decent player.

Very much this. If he stays, they have a much better chance of avoiding the drop.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Because we see it time and time again: football fans are largely incapable of judging without bias.

It's why nearly all Albion fans thought Dale Stephens should not have been sent off, but nearly everyone else though a red was right.

It's why nearly all Albion fans thought Hemed was treated unjustly, but a fair percentage of other fans thought it as the right decision.

Well, you carry on justifying Zaha.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Does it matter whether he gained an advantage?

Hemed didn't get an advantage from his "stamp", but got a retrospective ban.

Yes it does make a different because the retrospective ban can only be given when you successful deceive the referee. I don’t think the fact they missed the pen makes any difference though.

Retrospective ban for violent conduct is totally different

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Does it matter whether he gained an advantage?

Hemed didn't get an advantage from his "stamp", but got a retrospective ban.
Yes it does matter; the ref gave a penalty so saw the “offence” nothing was gained from the penalty so no retrospective action can be taken, in Hemeds case no official saw the offence but because it was seen by everyone else on TV he was given a retrospective ban.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes, he is a diver. But he is brilliant at it, probably the best in the Premier League. He fools refs time and time again. It’s the most effective part of his game.

So.

Would you want him in the England World Cup team?
Could he cheat us to the final?
Kane would put away all those penalties unlike Zaha’s nervous and spineless teammates.

I think I might be coming round to the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, you carry on justifying Zaha.

I'm not justifying him. I'm merely saying that as Albion fans with an in-built hatred of Crystal Palace and Zaha, we're not best placed to judge.

And I stand by my comment that most of us would view the same incident differently if it were an Albion player involved.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes, he is a diver. But he is brilliant at it, probably the best in the Premier League. He fools refs time and time again. It’s the most effective part of his game.

So.

Would you want him in the England World Cup team?
Could he cheat us to the final?
Kane would put away all those penalties unlike Zaha’s nervous and poor teammates.

I think I might be coming round to the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Given he already plays for Ivory Coast it would be somewhat difficult...

EDIT... Wrong nation!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not justifying him. I'm merely saying that as Albion fans with an in-built hatred of Crystal Palace and Zaha, we're not best placed to judge.

So we can't judge that to be a dive then? Ok whoever is in the studio, who isn't a BHA supporter also said it was a dive. Good enough?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here