Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Influenza - seriously thinking of missing my first home game of the season tomorrow ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It could be flu, and I am not talking man flu. Influenza can be severe and horrible, it can also mild - moderate which is also unpleasant

If it was flu there is no way he’d be posting on here...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If it was flu there is no way he’d be posting on here...

Its unlikely but possible, not all flu is equal, and mild cases which should still last for a week, as opposed to a common cold wouldnt prevent posting on a message board or even working from home.

Going to the football is out the question though with those symptons where it is the flu or not, cos 1) whats the point you are going to have a shit time, 2) it's not ok to go round spreading your germs

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry to hear you have a heavy cold.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its unlikely but possible, not all flu is equal, and mild cases which should still last for a week, as opposed to a common cold wouldnt prevent posting on a message board or even working from home.

Going to the football is out the question though with those symptons where it is the flu or not, cos 1) whats the point you are going to have a shit time, 2) it's not ok to go round spreading your germs

No such thing as mild flu sorry you are completely wrong. Flu is flu colds are colds. Flu puts you in bed unable to function no mild about it and that's a fact, ask a doctor

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
No such thing as mild flu sorry you are completely wrong. Flu is flu colds are colds. Flu puts you in bed unable to function no mild about it and that's a fact, ask a doctor

There is at 3 strains of different flu (not including mammals and bird strains) not all are killers/make you totally bedbound, I dont need to ask a doctor thanks on certain strains of Influenza you can function relatively normally. Theres a total myth that having the "real flu" incapacitates you

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Grin and bare it old chap .

8eldIT6.gif

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thats what happens hanging around Dukes Mound at this time of the year.
Guaranteed to catch one of three things when you hang around there in December, nicked by the Old Bill, catch a sexual transmitted disease or get influenza.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is at 3 strains of different flu (not including mammals and bird strains) not all are killers/make you totally bedbound, I dont need to ask a doctor thanks on certain strains of Influenza you can function relatively normally. Theres a total myth that having the "real flu" incapacitates you

Type C, or is it A, can incapacitate you though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thats what happens hanging around Dukes Mound at this time of the year.
Guaranteed to catch one of three things when you hang around there in December, nicked by the Old Bill, catch a sexual transmitted disease or get influenza.

I got Banged up by the old bill, a cheap thrill, got to meet @Ernest, then a STD but drinking dried Hebridean seaweed everyday has kept the influenza away.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
... in fact first home game since August 2015

Horrible hacking cough , fever, nausea , general feeling of tiredness and achy limbs

Soluble Paracetamol a god send.

Any NSC remedies?

I am just getting over this came on Boxing Day after the game went from feeling quite well to like death in a couple of hours then spent next three days either to hot or to cold plus the symptoms you have drink loads of water the 1000mg combo each of paracetamol and Ibuprofen

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is there a ban for deliberately sharing a virus on NSC?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've got the lurgy too, missing NYE out with friends for the first time in 18 years.

I'll still make the game tomorrow though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just take Anadin for the aches. Codeine works a treat but with no doctors open, any supplements containing it will make you feel a lot better.

Hope you make the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here