Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Dental implants abroad

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Needing 3 done at £2000 each on NHS, cant afford that but dont want dentures, keep hearing about treatment abroad being loads cheaper and generally very good. Anyone had experience of this any costs, contacts, details etc, Thanks

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wanting 3 done at £2000 each on NHS, cant afford that but dont want dentures, keep hearing about treatment abroad being loads cheaper and generally very good. Anyone had experience of this any costs, contacts, details etc, Thanks

Corrected for you.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Needing 3 done at £2000 each on NHS, cant afford that but dont want dentures, keep hearing about treatment abroad being loads cheaper and generally very good. Anyone had experience of this any costs, contacts, details etc, Thanks

There's a clinic in Cork that do implants between €750 & €1,065 each. Smilestore.ie
Much closer to the Uk if you have any issues.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

A colleague of mine went to Hungary for hers. I had mine done here in the UK at a Dentist close to my office. She paid a 5th of the price which on the face of it was brilliant; however, I got my appointments during lunch hours. She ended up using about 6 days holiday in total plus flights and accommodation and in the end she paid out a lot less but I had 6 days extra holidays than she did

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A colleague of mine went to Hungary for hers. I had mine done here in the UK at a Dentist close to my office. She paid a 5th of the price which on the face of it was brilliant; however, I got my appointments during lunch hours. She ended up using about 6 days holiday in total plus flights and accommodation and in the end she paid out a lot less but I had 6 days extra holidays than she did

Guess it depends on how much money you have and how much you need/value time off. 6 days holiday for a fifth of the price seems a good trade off to me

Was there much difference in the results?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Guess it depends on how much money you have and how much you need/value time off. 6 days holiday for a fifth of the price seems a good trade off to me

Was there much difference in the results?

I think they were equally as good

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
May i suggest Mr Hamza of Southend , half price extractions on wednesdays and 20% off with a loyalty card .

one-of-the-best-dentist-ever-seen.jpg

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
I have had three implants at the Brighton Implant Clinic - Hove surgery.
I have recommended others who have been equally happy.
Consultation is free and just as importantly they will tell you if you are not suitable.
A 'basic' implant was just over £1000 but it does depend if more work has to be done.
Problems occur overseas if you need any follow up......
Pm me if you want more details

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Consultation is free and just as importantly they will tell you if you are not suitable.
A 'basic' implant was just over £1000 but it does depend if more work has to be done.

How much do they charge for X-rays?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was looking into an implant but seeing what they do I think I’ll stick with the gap.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
the problem with dental implants abroad are :

1. no follow up treatment - basically placed fitted and then good bye. if they go wrong you need attention early to save them
2. they do not use 'branded ' systems ( like some cheaper places over here) - basically copy of tried and tested audited systems
3. who do you complain too if wrongly placed- if done here they will be insured upto the hilt for compensation
4. your dentist here will not treat them if failing
5. corners cut abroad - you need time to heal after the implant placed before loading- this does not often happen abroad; if t does you need multiple appointments - cost of flight hotel etc to be addedd
6.they will place implants in anyone abroad - maybe you are not suited - not everyone can have them - gum disease / bone levels etc may mean you are not ideal patient and destined to failure

at the end of the day if done properly they will last a very long time, if not you are throwing your money away.

it is your body, but you are not shopping around for a cheaper car so be careful

pm me if you want experienced advice not hearsay advice

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I'm looking into going to Hungary too. I'm retired so time isn't an issue...( apart from pegging out of course). If I go ahead , I'll use some the time to look around Hungary as I have never been there.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

A friend had dental work done in Goa a few years back. Cost in the UK was over £3000 quoted, cost in Goa was £700. My friend said that there was no discernable difference in professionalism, hygiene or quality of work. It costs a bit for the flight but treat it as a holiday and you will still save loads. Another mate had some work done in Hungary - less than 1/3rd price and as with my other friend was given a top-notch job.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Not myself but stayed in a hotel in Croatia where it was taking place and spoke to a chap from the UK who had saved enough by opting to have his treatment undertaken in Croatia that the amount saved paid for the flight hotel and board for a seven day break which he tagged onto the treatment the hotel was the Valamar Diamont in Porec Croatia

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's a bit of an expense though isn't it if you are only on 16k a year and you need a few teeth done each year ? I think it's denture's for the masses and implants for those that get to have a choice between a new Range Rover, or 2 months in Barbados every year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here