Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eddie Nketiah on loan? Anybody heard anything?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Akpom wasn't highly rated and was crap at hull.

Would take this kid all day long absolute quality and a good attitude by all accounts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can see why some people aren't keen on this after Akpom but Akpom was never going to make the grade at Arsenal and was a serial loanee. Nketiah on the other hand is a class player and would be very happy to get him in, alongside another permanent striker I hope, we need more options up front!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Really? I would suggest you are remembering most of the poor ones rather than the good ones.

Keown
Flatts
Dickov
Wood
Ward P
Teixeira
Wilson
KLL
Zamora
Bridge
Ward S
Pocognoli
Upson
Murray
Barnes

etc etc

Yes, maybe......but apart from those, what have the Romans ever done for us ?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
We’ve had some **** loan signings and some legends (Zamora and McShane). Same as we have had some shite permanent signings alongside quality.

As far as this kid goes a few genuine Arsenal fans I know rate him very highly. I do wonder though if at his age Wenger might rather blooding him abroad or in the Championship. I base that theory on sweet fa though I will add.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Why do we need a promising youngster who may or may not hit it off., Probably safer to stick with a tried and tested scorer. We had the promising youngster in James Wilson from United and that didnt go down too well.

Because every great player was a promising youngster once.Still would get the tried and tested goalscorer as well, that's why i said both.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Anybody remember Brian Dear from West Ham ? I think he must have been our first ever loan signing (back in the 60s) He scored 5 in 4 games and I saw most of them.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Apparently Newcastle are interested in taking him on loan. If Arsenal do want to loan him out, Should we make a move for him ?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Ha, Colin Pates. He's a good lad. Had a few good evenings in The Joker with him.
Sit him down with a beer and he'll talk all night about the Chelsea and Arsenal teams of the 90's.
The Tony Adams tales are fantastic.
He was great mates with Ray Wilkins so good stories there too.

Was Colin Pates a loaner, the first time he came to us, he was pretty decent?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here