Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Predict the transfer window

How many of the Albion's squad positions will change in the January transfer window?

Votes: 17 9.8%

Votes: 25 14.5%

Votes: 66 38.2%

Votes: 42 24.3%

Votes: 14 8.1%

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 or more

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I really wouldn't be surprised if nothing at all happens after an initial level of interest wanes.
We have got this far after half a season and who is to say that we won't do just as well in the second half.
Save the transfer fees till the summer with the extra boost of the Premier League funds etc. though that is probably bull crap.
Yes we'll get a fair few injuries I'm sure and we defo need strengthening with a key midfielder and pacy striker required as we're toothless up front.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
My guess is

In, 2 strikers 1 perm 1 loan, a winger and a central midfielder.

Out, Rosenior, Skalak, Murphy, Baldock.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Out
Murphy out to Rangers ~£750,000
Skalak out to someone, no idea where or how much

In
Only what can be described as our messiah, who'll descend upon thee amex and tell all "for have faith, as faith is all you have", he'll score 10 goals between now and end of season, we finish 13th
A defensive midfielder of some kind, not quite the messiah.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
For the first time I think Baldock’s on his way out, not being included in the squad today.

A shame if true, as aside from the injuries, I rate the player and his pacey goal threat is unique at our club.

A shame maybe but if we have someone willing to pay us £2-3m for him and we’ve got maybe one or two better options lined up then so be it. We’re not running a charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need to revisit this, Murphy gone and Skalak probably not going according to CH.

Even though Sidwell is slowly recovering there may still be a question as to whether he makes the squad.

Baldock seems impossible to call, wouldn't rule out a loan though.

OUT :

Murphy ( gone )
Goldson ( loan )

Sidwell ( maybe if not fit enough for squad )

Baldock ( anything possible )

IN :

Striker
Central Defender

Central Midfielder ( maybe to replace Sidwell )

Striker ( Baldock goes )

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Goldson won't go on a loan - he is the first backup defender for when Dunk/Duffy eventually gets himself sent off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goldson won't go on a loan - he is the first backup defender for when Dunk/Duffy eventually gets himself sent off.

Bet you a haribo fried egg he does.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
[
In
Only what can be described as our messiah, who'll descend upon thee amex and tell all "for have faith, as faith is all you have", he'll score 1 goal between now and end of season, we finish 19th- but he will run around a lot
Corrected for you

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
. Widely reported that he may be off to Ipswich if we can organise cover. Seems a strange one but will give him definite game time as Dunk and Duffy are so obviously first choice. Would get him up to speed after his operation.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
How many of the current 25 (26) will NOT be in the Albion's squad come the end of the transfer window? In short: how many in and out?

(Details of the Home Grown Player (HGP) rules etc here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?354449-25-man-squad)

1. Ryan
2. Krul (HGP)
3. Maenpaa

4. Bruno
5. Schelotto
6. Rosenior (HGP)
7. Suttner
8. Bong
9. Dunk (HGP)
10. Duffy (HGP)
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson (HGP)

13. Pröpper
14. Stephens (HGP)
15. Kayal
16. Sidwell (HGP)
17. Knockaert
18. March (HGP)
19. Murphy
20. Skalak
21. Izquierdo
22. Groß
U21 Brown

23. Murray
24. Baldock (HGP)
25. Hemed
I voted one which meant 1in 1 out so suppose it should have been 2??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I voted one which meant 1in 1 out so suppose it should have been 2??

No - 1 is right if that's what you meant.

So you think Murphy is the only out and his replacement (even if a striker) will be all the business we do?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OUTS :

Murphy ( gone )
Brown ( gone )
Goldson ???

INS :

3 to replace the above.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
OUTS :

Murphy ( gone )
Brown ( gone )
Goldson ???

INS :

3 to replace the above.

I've voted four - I agree with this but wonder if Skalak will leave too. I doubt Hughton will want to go ahead this season with him as 4th choice winger (now Brown has left following his injury and Murphy has gone to Rangers). He hasn't got near the team all season and Hughton seems to know which players he likes - once someone is frozen out they don't tend to come back from the cold.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've voted four - I agree with this but wonder if Skalak will leave too. I doubt Hughton will want to go ahead this season with him as 4th choice winger (now Brown has left following his injury and Murphy has gone to Rangers). He hasn't got near the team all season and Hughton seems to know which players he likes - once someone is frozen out they don't tend to come back from the cold.

Skalak & Lualua may well be all we need as 4th & 5th choice cover for the wide positions.

I can see CH bringing in a U21 winger with pace to replace Brown & possibly another up front along with our main striker

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 - Striker to replace Murphy in the squad ( Andone, Ze Luis, other... )

2 - Midfielder to replace Sidwell. Home grown so Josh Vela, Bobby Reid, or if not in the end recall Norwood.

3 - U21 to replace Brown. Eg Keinan Davis.

4 - Loan Central Defender to allow Goldson to get games on loan.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
1 - Striker to replace Murphy in the squad ( Andone, Ze Luis, other... )

2 - Midfielder to replace Sidwell. Home grown so Josh Vela, Bobby Reid, or if not in the end recall Norwood.

3 - U21 to replace Brown. Eg Keinan Davis.

4 - Loan Central Defender to allow Goldson to get games on loan.

Well said, summed up nicely.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, we've got the Murphy replacent / New striker and that is most excellent. :rock:

1) Now the attention shifts to the Izzy Brown replacement.

2) We also need to replace Sidwell, but will the same player as (1) do this job ?

3) Goldson / New central defender - no idea if this is now happenning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here